Do Blind people Dream??

recently, I talk to my friend who is deaf/blind all his life... I asked him has he ever have the dream ?? he said what earth did u bring it up ? Of Course i do have the dream for many different reasons ... like travel round round deaf/blind social together and etc .. so i asked him does he ever see anything like stuffs ... he said it only can be reconize the forms from the memory of the feelings stuffs so get the pix ?

Originally posted by knightwolf68
recently, I talk to my friend who is deaf/blind all his life... I asked him has he ever have the dream ?? he said what earth did u bring it up ? Of Course i do have the dream for many different reasons ... like travel round round deaf/blind social together and etc .. so i asked him does he ever see anything like stuffs ... he said it only can be reconize the forms from the memory of the feelings stuffs so get the pix ?

Ok that makes me wrong. :p

Thanks for asking.

Everyone dreams! How they dream depends. Importantly... use your imagination!

Hmm, I hope to see any blind people to answer this thread
about their dreams. That's something I've NEVER thought about.

Reason: How come I've NEVER dreamed to be able to hear things ?????

Perhaps I simply do NOT want to hear at all.

I do bet that Same thing for everyones who can't hear , who can hear while dreaming.. no difference will be same thing as Blind and Deaf people who dreaming who cannot see, who can see their dreaming.

When I'm dreaming and impossible can hear anything but sometimes cannot hear depends on dreaming about. sometime My husband caught me while Im sleeping talking and same time sign languages.
I asked him, really seriouis did I talk sleeping and same time ASL ? He nodded at me.. Oh darn.. I think am I dreaming (cannot hear) just seeing everywhere..
Depends on what you're dreaming about.. may can hear..
Oh well...

:zzz: ~~(Dreaming about :crazy: )

I had dream - I AM HEARING in the dream but in real life, I am deaf. There is either can be see or blind.... deaf or hearing in the dream, that is depend on what kind of dreaming you having. :D

Ofc blind people can dream! :) The main part of dreams is usually the emotional component, or thoughts etc, the preceptions of senses like visual or sound is kind of secondary to the meaning or experience being felt in the dream state. Some blind people may see some things in dream from memory if they were once sighted, or from their residual sight, since most 'blind' people are legally blind but have some vision, just not enough to function as sighted, or partially sighted. They can often see light, some shape, colours, and can sometimes even read with very powerful magnification devices, etc, so how much they might 'see' in their dream may depend on what they see when awake. Not that many legally blind people see absolutely nothing... and if they do see nothing at all, then they don't know the difference between black and white unless they once could see, so how would they know which one it was? Makes you wonder eh?

I can sometimes 'hear' things I remember when I dream, things from when I was little. So I guess that's the same sort of thing as for the blind. I have some friends with albinism, and PWA (people with albinism) often have poor vision, many are legally blind, but they do still percieve some things with their vision, and it's just normal to them. So they could see in their dreams they way they do in life, whereas I hear in dreams sometimes how I used to, sometimes how I do now.

Back