Do animals (such as pets) have souls?

Do animals (such as pets) have souls?

• No (Please post why you think animals do not have souls.)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LuciaDisturbed

Reaction score
I am curious about animals such as pets having souls or no souls like humans being having souls. This is only out of pure curiosity, and this has nothing to do with any specific religion. Please, NO religious/religion discussions allowed. Stay on the topic of pets having souls or no souls and why do you think that way or this way. I really would appreciate it very much if y'all would please cooperate in this thread because I would very much like for my thread to stay open and not have it locked down by a mod just because someone decides to disrespect my rule (also AllDeaf's rule as well) in this thread, which has been bolded so you can see what the rule is. Simple.

Do animals (such as pets) have soul like people do or are they soul-less? Pick yes or no and please post in the thread below why you think this way or that way. Thank you. Remember, this is only out of pure curiosity. I want to see how many people think animals have souls and how many people think that animals don't have souls, and I want to see what their reasons are. Don't get religious please and don't get into any debates over religions and don't bring any religions or religious topics into my thread. I mean it. Thank you for your cooperation and consideration.

I think they have souls. They are capable of empathy, generosity, sympathy and they are loyal to their family groups.

What do you define as a soul?

Some folks may have different definitions, so I want to see what you describe the meaning of a soul first before voting.

What do you define as a soul?

Some folks may have different definitions, so I want to see what you describe the meaning of a soul first before voting.

I definite a soul to be something that humans have, and I am curious if people consider pets and animals to have souls like humans do. You know, comparable to what humans have in the way of soul. No specific definitions.

Hmm.. there's a problem with that. Some persons, such as those with religious backgrounds for example (not going into that) sees deeper definition for what a soul is consisted of than what an ordinary person thinks a soul might mean.

I've heard from some they think a soul means being able to experience certain emotions. Another person once described a soul as something else.

Personally I think of a soul of more as their personalities and their ability to make decisions reflective of that personality.

I don't know if an animal would be considered to have a soul in this case because they can't rationalize with logic.

Yup they do

except my poor old cat I used to have was posessed by a demon I swear......she needed pussy exorcism

Hmm.. there's a problem with that. Some persons, such as those with religious backgrounds for example (not going into that) sees deeper definition for what a soul is consisted of than what an ordinary person thinks a soul might mean.

I've heard from some they think a soul means being able to experience certain emotions. Another person once described a soul as something else.

Personally I think of a soul of more as their personalities and their ability to make decisions reflective of that personality.

I don't know if an animal would be considered to have a soul in this case because they can't ration with logic.

I am actually asking in this poll because a old friend of mine told me the other day that animals have no souls at all, that they are nothing, and she was really serious about it. I take it very very very personal because I have pets myself, and I would hate to think that they have no souls and that they don't go to a "good place" when they pass away.

And, I do believe animals can ration with logic, especially service dogs such as hearing or seeing guide dogs or dogs for people with certain disabilities. They learn to know what to do in case there could be danger, and they know what to do in case of an emergency, things like that. Yes, they do have to be trained, but it's trained logic nonetheless. And I always find animals to have personalities. I have seen animals experience emotions. And I have seen animals, especially service dogs, make decisions. And a lot more.

I know that what my friend said the other day should not matter to me, but I'd like to see others tell me what they think, I'd see to see some humanity in this world and see if there are people who believes animals have souls. And I would like some opinions. I don't want to be the only one standing here wondering what to think of what my friend had said, and have to take it personally because I have had several pets that have passed away already so far in my lifetime, I always miss them, and I would really like to be able to think that they have gone to a better place and that they're happy where they are, that they're at peace now. That's all.

I picked - yes because of my religion.

Yes, I believe they do...my experience was with my Shistzu, "Buffy"....who died of breast cancer, at age 16. There was such a precious bond we had together, and I could say more but it's best I don't....a few weeks before she passed, she would "roll over" and look at me in the eyes, as to say "I'm sick, and will leave you soon"...I cry every time it comes to mind. She was too old for chemo, and she was trying to prepare me for the ineveitable, even to her last breath. Her death affected me so much, I never realized how much I could love a dog and I've had many dogs come and go....but Buffy...was the "special" one....I still do feel her presence at times, and my Pom 'Anita' does certain things that remind me of Buffy, and I've called her "Buffy" many times before catching myself over it...

I buried her in my flower garden, along with my gold chain and cross and her favorite blanket. I know she's waiting on me "over the bridge."

Naisho, is your logic different than mine....than anybodies? of course

Could an animals logic be different than humans, sure why not.

Then if they have a different logic, then of course they would have a different way of reacting to it, right?

Animals definately have distinct personalities each and everyone of them. Do they have commonalities, yes? Dont we?

Doug, I was trying to make an opinion based on Lucia's definition of what a soul meant. Not my own, because I don't want it to conflict if there are misunderstandings.. that is why I described what I thought a soul meant. It had nothing to do with whether animals really do have a soul or not.

See what I mean?

Thus, when I vote, I don't make a choice based on what I think is a soul. I can make it based on if Lucia's argument with her friend on who was right or wrong. But I still can't make a choice, because I'm not sure what Lucia sees in a soul.

I don't want to make it a big deal, it's really that I want to see both sides of the argument before voting on something - I don't vote that way or let my personal beliefs be my vote, because it's not the focus of the debate.

For lack of simpler terms, this is what I mean.

Person A sees "X"
Person B sees "Y"
Person C is introduced to the argument, sees answer as "Z" but the question isn't on "Z", so chose "X" (yeah, we all know "X" =/= "Z").

I want to be Person D seeing either "X" or "Y" before voting, not "Z" or some other view.

Hope that made sense..
thinking.png
Like I said, has nothing really to do with whether animals do or don't have souls.

Wirelessly posted

Not voting.

Do I believe humans and animals are the same? Yes. But the question of "life force," I wouldn't call it a soul-- whether it's human or not.

Yes. They have souls. I do not need to explain because you know your pets as well. enough said. :)

To me a soul is a personality, or what makes you different from anyone else. I have had a lot of dogs in my life and all of them had their own personality. I can even see it with the snakes my friends and I own.

I can't vote without my religious beliefs coming into place here, and we've been asked by the OP not to discuss religion here. Frankly, soul and religion are intertwined. There's no two ways about it, so it's hard to even say anything here ...

The way I see it, animals are made of the same "stuff" as we are, but are still closer to nature/less corrupt than we are. So I guess, if we have souls, they have souls, though I'm not decided on whether we have souls yet. :P

I voted yes, but I can't respond as to why since I do not want to go against OP's wishes.

I can't vote without my religious beliefs coming into place here, and we've been asked by the OP not to discuss religion here. Frankly, soul and religion are intertwined. There's no two ways about it, so it's hard to even say anything here ...

I would have allowed religious discussion here, but unfortunately, it's against the AllDeaf rules to discuss religion and religious topics, and I did not want my thread locked up because someone brought religion into the discussion. I'm sorry. I had to ask not to bring religion into this so we can continue discussing souls in humans and animals without all of a sudden having the lock slammed on this thread, that would totally suck. If y'all want to discuss religions, y'all feel free to ask the mods to open the religious debate forum back up again. It's the second time it's been slammed closed, and it was closed sometime last year or so. Sorry. My hands are tied. Sorry, AlleyCat. BUT...you can talk about religions and souls in my PM box if you like. :)

Back