Do all TV shows have CC?

Celticty

Reaction score
I am just filling up this place with questions :lol: I feel so silly for not knowing this, but do all TV shows have CC? Or is it only available to certain shows on certain networks?

Whatever program is education or news, they're required to have CC.

For entertainment, CC is being sponsored who will. The show in small target, usually don't have CC.

It is only available to certain shows on certain networks, but it's the network that didn't add CC support.

the majority of programmes on sky over here do not hav subtitles!

I would say that most shows in the US have captions. Not all, but most. Public access shows, produced locally, do not get captions.

I am just filling up this place with questions :lol: I feel so silly for not knowing this, but do all TV shows have CC? Or is it only available to certain shows on certain networks?

Not all TV Shows have closed caption, I remember VH-1 had closed caption then all sudden for a several weeks now, many shows on VH-1 don't appears to have closed caption at all and I don't even know why.

You can go to TV Guide online and it will say CC if it does have captions.

the majority of programmes on sky over here do not hav subtitles!

This is one of reason why I don't have SKY.... They are so expensive and I won't get what i want ie subtitles on majorty of the films. So i stick with freeview afterall it's free and DVD's.

Sadly most of TV programs don't have subtitles in britian even my local news!

Almost every show here (Canadian and US networks) has CC, but lately I've discovered that late night on CMT, some shows won't have captions. Drives me nuts since I'm a night owl and I just want to enjoy some Home Improvement.

I don't watch much sports, but I watch every horse race that shows up on TV and I've gotta say, CC for sports? Atrocious. Makes me want to poke my brain with a fork just to watch it bleed.

most all the TV I watch here is CC, exept for some commercials, but who cares for commercials anyways.

Almost every show here (Canadian and US networks) has CC, but lately I've discovered that late night on CMT, some shows won't have captions. Drives me nuts since I'm a night owl and I just want to enjoy some Home Improvement.

I don't watch much sports, but I watch every horse race that shows up on TV and I've gotta say, CC for sports? Atrocious. Makes me want to poke my brain with a fork just to watch it bleed.

Me too. I am a night owl as well. I have noticed that not much is captioned in the wee hours.

in a word. NO! Not all shows are CC. However it seems to be more noticable that less and less shows are CC'ed now but somehow the networks is keeping a certain percentage of shows CC'ed to keep the FCC happy. (well at least this is the last I heard of it and this info is pretty old). I feel that all shows should be CC'ed anyways. The deaf/HOH population are NOT the only ones using it. The elderly, the noise concious apartment dwellers, the workout gyms use the CC shows. I bet you did a double take with the workout gym part :D. True- My gym that I workout at have 3 flat panels on the wall for everyone to watch while working out. There are no sounds, but headphone jacks on the workout machines have them for personal use. I only saw 1 person actually using it and the rest of the workout people actually have thier eyes GLUED to the tv while working out :deaf::-o

in a word. NO! Not all shows are CC. However it seems to be more noticable that less and less shows are CC'ed now but somehow the networks is keeping a certain percentage of shows CC'ed to keep the FCC happy. (well at least this is the last I heard of it and this info is pretty old). I feel that all shows should be CC'ed anyways. The deaf/HOH population are NOT the only ones using it. The elderly, the noise concious apartment dwellers, the workout gyms use the CC shows. I bet you did a double take with the workout gym part :D. True- My gym that I workout at have 3 flat panels on the wall for everyone to watch while working out. There are no sounds, but headphone jacks on the workout machines have them for personal use. I only saw 1 person actually using it and the rest of the workout people actually have thier eyes GLUED to the tv while working out :deaf::-o

It look more CC to me instead being less.

I get pissed off when certain T.V shows don't have closed caption.
Some do some don't. I mean all T.V shows should be CC.

I get pissed off when certain T.V shows don't have closed caption.
Some do some don't. I mean all T.V shows should be CC.

No, I disagree to have all TV with CC during limited budget. The small or low-budge cannot afford to pay CC.

CC is required for all TV shows that which is spoken in english, from 6 am to 1 am.

There's no guarantee about CC would shown up or not.

what foxrac says is pretty much how I understood the timing rules and captioning. I still do find some that are, but syou definately see a decrease in amt and efficiencey of CC during the night owls.

all tv stations are technically required to have cc here in the us but if there too low budget which some are and like another user posted, then they may not have it but i would say the majority of them do, but I dont really watch tv now mostly dvds

Back