DNA/Ancestry test

deafdrummer

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I got my DNA test done twice, once with a different company. The second one confirmed the first one for the most part, and it gave me additional information about my heritage (much more expensive test than the first one, and this has the ability to be used in official Indian court affairs like criminal, parentage, immigration, etc.). I did both tests here in India, since I cannot get the American-market DNA tests sent here. I needed a second test because the first one doesn't corroborate with Dad's side of the family with regard to the Native American stories. I thought that I had from 1/8 to 1/4 Cherokee ancestry. Also, no wonder I don't feel very white - there's about 18% of the DNA from non-white sources. For some reason, the non-white DNA has a very dominant expression in my epigenetics, or mental impressions or personality traits. The fact that I went so long without diagnosis of my profound deafness probably explains why these traits came out uninterrupted. The first years of a baby's life is really "look at what I'm doing over here" (present life at home as a baby), "not what is happening over there" (events of past lives that give you the mental impressions you have of the present experience). I was not distracted away from where I came (though I don't necessarily have memories of past lives except possibly through the dreams I've had over the years).

There are a few surprises!

#1 Fennoscandia 19.1%
Origin: Peaks in the Iceland and Norway and declines in Finland, England, and France
#2 Southern France 14%
Origin: Peaks in south France and declines in north France, England, Orkney islands, and Scandinavia
#3 Orkney Islands 13.6%
Origin: Peaks in the Orkney islands and declines in England, France, Germany, Belarus, and Poland
#4 Basque Country 13.5%
Origin: Peaks in France and Spain Basque regions and declines in Spain, France, and Germany
#5 Western Siberia 12.3%
Origin: Peaks in Krasnoyarsk Krai and declines towards east Russia
#6 Sardinia 8.7%
Origin: Peaks in Sardinia and declines in Italy, Greece, Albania, and The Balkans
#7 Southeastern India 7.6%
Origin: Endemic to south eastern india with residues in Pakistan
#8 Tuva 5.9%
Origin: Peaks in south Siberia (Russians: Tuvinian) and declines in North Mongolia
#9 Pima County: The Sonora 3%
Origin: Peaks in Central-North America and declines towards Greenland and Eskimos
#10 Northwestern Africa 0.9%
Origin: Peaks in Algeria and declines in Morocco and Tunisia
#11 Northern India 0.7%
Origin: Peaks in North India (Dharkars, Kanjars) and declines in Pakistan
#12 Central America 0.6%
Origin: Peaks in Mexico and Central America with residues in Peru

18.7% potentially non-white

Here are some surprises! One, that I have a link to India. Two, I have a link to the Mediterranean area, including Spain! The previous DNA report matches the data for Northern Europe and France, especially Basque. Third, the first report showed that I had "3% east Asian," but this one shows I have almost 6% Tuvan. In the second test, it shows I have a smaller amount of Native American ancestry, not Cherokee, but of Pima County: The Sonoras. I guess that busts another family myth.

It is no wonder that when I went to Lothal around a year ago in 2019, now an archaeological site in Gujarāt state in India, I cried here and there on the site, wondering "How could this happen??" And that was when I had realized that I had come full circle to Lothal after untold hundreds or thousands of years. Let's see why:

#11 - Kirar/Kirad/Dhakad is a Hindu Kshatriya caste. They came from Kiradkot which is today known as Kiradu, which is under the Barmer district of Rajasthan. Hindu Kshatriya means Hindū warrior. With passage of time, Kirars migrated from Kiradu to several places in Rajasthan, Gujrat and also to Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Western Uttar Pradesh. On the other hand, Kanjari were denotified in 1952, when the Criminal Tribes Act was replaced with the Habitual Offenders Act, but the community carries considerable social stigma. Kanjar's are also known as Gihar which is not notified. A rebel, huh?? Anyhow, it says that my data "declines" in Pakistan - that's probably where the Kanjari line came in.

Whenever I hear the name of the state Mahārāṣṭhra, I always have a seaside visual impression with flashes of the coast while walking along it, looking down from the trees at the thatch-roof houses, some movement happening on the left side, which I cannot make out except it's dark, and a general sense that everything is alright and like I was young and fresh in how I was experiencing things there. The whole thing happens in less than a second.

I also now stand vindicated by the report about why I always felt like I was an outsider to my own American birth society all my life. I'm still in India after two years and have no desire to leave, though I have to follow the immigration laws as they change in this current situation around the world.

Back