disposable friend

SamtheDeaf

Reaction score
Do you feel that you're disposable friend, once you first met them (hearing)? First time, the hearing meet you "OMG! You're handsome/pretty!", "I know A...B...C...!", something like that. Later, in just few hours or days, they dump you! Obviously, they don't feel able to learn how to use sign language. We knew it's lot of work in order to make communicate with us. There is no way for us able to learn how to speak because it take much longer than ASL.

At least, I do know there are some people out there are willing to understand us. Just give a thought!

Yes once the challenges appear due to being mentally interesting a lot of people walk away which very hurtful it probably help that a lot of our signing is homesign and not NZSL

Do you feel that you're disposable friend, once you first met them (hearing)? First time, the hearing meet you "OMG! You're handsome/pretty!", "I know A...B...C...!", something like that. Later, in just few hours or days, they dump you! Obviously, they don't feel able to learn how to use sign language. We knew it's lot of work in order to make communicate with us. There is no way for us able to learn how to speak because it take much longer than ASL.

At least, I do know there are some people out there are willing to understand us. Just give a thought!

I am looking for new friends to communicate with: I promise I won’t ditch you

i have had those in the past few years (hearing friends and boyfriends too i might add!!), i also have D/deaf friends, one of whom i might live with!!!!!! i plan to play tricks on our hearing caregivers!!!

Back