Disney Removes CC from Up rental release

but at the same time, Bambi have inspired alot of people not to hunt and disney zoo (and books on animals) have started me to become fascinated with animals.

Walt should have told his crew it is unacceptable to treat the animals that way (or made it clear before the movie that he doesn't want any mistreatment toward any animals).

Maybe he have compassion for animals or maybe not. Who knows. I do know that his classic cartoons are not all that friendly, but none of the cartoons from that era was (such as popeye)... but I watched it all the time (My grandma used to buy us vcr tapes on classic cartoons) and for some reasons it was fine. I guess it is like allowing kids to watch spiderman today. It's violence, but kids know it is just a cartoon.

what does any of this have to do with the issue at hand? the fact is Disney is using this as a test grounds to see if they can get away with it for future DVD releases. Unless we want ALL rental DVDs being caption-free in the future, we need to let them know how we feel about it TODAY!

I did tell what happen, Snow white made a lot money and Walt Disney did not pay the actors a fair share ,The actors wanted more money and Walt would not pay them!

If it wasn't in the actors' contract, then they were given their fair share. That's how it works.

I tried 2 DVD and either one CC came on! I tried setting up the CC and is still would not work. It is strange that some movie CC will not come on.

Like I said, the movie has subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing. It does not have the analog CC technology.

Are you talking about the rental version. I noticed that you are from Canada, maybe movies are made differently for each countries.

I think everyone here know what they are talking about as they watched many movies before.

A few movies I own does not handle analog CC either. I have to go to the "Language" option on the movie main menu to turn on the subtitle.

There was one I owned that didn't have ANY of captioning whatsoever . It was "Buddy" that was free from my cereal box.

Marlee Matlin spoke with Disney execs. Missing "UP" captions on DVD rental version is a manufacturing error. They will be restored.

Now, that's different story. WTF

One big question, how do we know which rental DVD version that has closed caption?? I only can hope they better come with something else instead gray to realize.

Are you talking about the rental version. I noticed that you are from Canada, maybe movies are made differently for each countries.

I think everyone here know what they are talking about as they watched many movies before.

A few movies I own does not handle analog CC either. I have to go to the "Language" option on the movie main menu to turn on the subtitle.

There was one I owned that didn't have ANY of captioning whatsoever . It was "Buddy" that was free from my cereal box.

He's not clear on what movie he is talking about. First, he was talking about "Out of Africa" from Universal Studios, not Disney like he originally assumed. The movie has SDH (subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing). Then he said he tried two DVDs, it could had been either "Out of Africa" or "Up".

Disney DVDs and Blu-ray Discs in Canada are usually exactly the same except for the addition of French audio and subtitles and bilingual packaging. They are released by Disney in Canada.

I called Walt Disney studio and they said they were looking into why their rentals has no CC, people were calling in complaining about this. I was told they did not why their rentals had no CC , the woman said Walt Disney studio
was working on fixing this! I guess we'll have to wait and see if they fix their CC!

Now that they are acknowledging the flub to individuals who call, I think they should do a press release, apologizing for the marketing error.

This is simply an honest mistake. I am a software engineer (I don't work for Disney) and I know what's like to make similar mistakes like Disney did. In many companies, big or small, many things can easily slip through the cracks. Don't bash Disney too much.

Peter

Wow... this is surprising.

I never thought they would do something like this.

I do know that some companies do special edition DVDs for retailers like Blockbuster, etc. However, I didn't think that Disney would go this far.

I bought it on DVD, so I have the full version. Sorry for those who rented it. :(

Twitter / Marlee Matlin: Spoke with Disney execs. M ...
Funny that it took a celebrity like Marlee Matlin to get a response out of Disney. When I called, all they did was give me, a lowly consumer, the run-around and promise to get back to me once they had determined how to come to some sort of "resolution" on the matter. Still haven't heard back from them.

So if I'm understanding correctly...it's not even that they didn't include CC to begin with... they removed the CC.

:wtf:

Well.. My sister have the dvd of Up on her own. It dont have ANY subtitles and closed captions AT ALL... :|

Back