Disney Removes CC from Up rental release

We all should boycott Disney for removing SDH as special features.... That's really so DUMB for doing it so.... *SMH* *SMH* *SMH* Dang!!!!!

We all should boycott Disney for removing SDH as special features.... That's really so DUMB for doing it so.... *SMH* *SMH* *SMH* Dang!!!!!

Um... that's not necessary. It's just the rental version of one particular movie that this occurred on. That's why we are trying to get Disney's attention at the moment before they make that mistake again.

Alot of blogs are circulating doling out accusations that this is a marketing ploy not only by Disney, but also from MPAA in order to get more money from the backs of the deaf community by forcing them to purchase a retail version that does contain CC as opposed to the rental version.

A big stupid mistake on their part as I am seeing backlashes coming out of the woodwork in places like this forum, deafread and various deaf oriented sites, including Facebook.

Marketing Ploy = FAIL

Yiz

Up the Movie.

I heard that Up, the movie is the BEST movie that everybody enjoy to watch.

My sister rent that movie for family and my daughter to watch together. Somehow, I went ahead to watch it recently but....

There's no closed captions AND subtitles at all.. I was like what the...?!

I'm very disappionted(sp) in them.

I heard that Up, the movie is the BEST movie that everybody enjoy to watch.

My sister rent that movie for family and my daughter to watch together. Somehow, I went ahead to watch it recently but....

There's no closed captions AND subtitles at all.. I was like what the...?!

I'm very disappionted(sp) in them.

I purchased BLURAY with DVD included and they have subtitle and closed captions, I watch UP on dvd and it has closed captions but not sure about bluray, I will watch it on bluray and see if it have subtitles.

Eh.. I just checked on Up Dvd on Website of Wal-Mart to checking to see if they do have CC and Subs, nope they don't then I checked The Ugly Truth and they said it does....?

There is only a place I can actual rent that come with regular or retail DVD. I simple purchase in the full price and return to charge as rent when give my credit back. It's at Movie Trading Company.

I called 800-723-4763 and gave Disney a piece of my mind. I have put the # up on my FB and asked all my friends and family to contact Disney as well. Renting a video without captioning for a deaf or hard-of-hearing person is the equivalent of a hearing person renting a video without sound. Do you really think the hearies would consider sound a "special feature"??? There is strength in numbers, we need to all call Disney and bombard them with calls from friends and family in order to get their attention.

I called 800-723-4763 and gave Disney a piece of my mind. I have put the # up on my FB and asked all my friends and family to contact Disney as well. Renting a video without captioning for a deaf or hard-of-hearing person is the equivalent of a hearing person renting a video without sound. Do you really think the hearies would consider sound a "special feature"??? There is strength in numbers, we need to all call Disney and bombard them with calls from friends and family in order to get their attention.

:ty::ty::ty:

so basically they are trying to make a profit off our deafness? All because everyone else can hear?

I agree! Everyone would be angry if Disney made a rental version of a movie without sounds.. and told them that if they wanted sounds they have to get the full version! It would be a ripoff

You heard about the new mickey mouse game, right?

Why all the cute sweet cartoons have to turn into something dark (like Wario instead of mario)

You heard about the new mickey mouse game, right?

Why all the cute sweet cartoons have to turn into something dark (like Wario instead of mario)

I have heard of that, actually. Funny...must have been a subconscious thing cuz I wasn't thinking of it at all when I posted my comment.

Marlee Matlin spoke with Disney execs. Missing "UP" captions on DVD rental version is a manufacturing error. They will be restored.

Now, that's different story. WTF

I will go to Blockbuster Video to get "UP" Blu-ray disc movie this weekend. I will ask salesman if needing it to play it for working or not on CC before paying rent.

Back