Disgusting......

Nancy

Reaction score
Just a week ago, as I was driving to work one morning, I thought I saw a big black dog laying on the grass on the side of the road (relaxing sitting up)....this area is a huge grassy area with trees and the other side is the highway.....I thought to myself I hope the owner finds him or he will get killed by cars.
Well, this morning on the way to work, I saw a black dog (I thought this must be the same one I saw last week!) laying on the grass in a different location but on the same side of the road....there were black birds all over him ...I realize he had died. *cries* I thought why didn't someone bury the poor thing? :( I felt bad for this dog and looking back, I wished I had done something for him, but I was hoping someone would go get him and take him home. *cries*
After work, when I drove back home in the same road as I always do....I saw a big mound of dirt in the grass. I thought then that someone had finally buried him.
This is disgusting....people have no respect for animals.....about 2 years ago, I saw a little dog on the road dead and cars were going over him. Later on, the dog looked almost like pizza. :(
I feel it's the owner's responsiblity for not letting their dogs or cats run away to be killed by cars or in another way......I feel sorry for the ones who died just like the one I saw today. :(

I hit a dog, 15 years ago,
I was going around the curvy road, and going 30 mph...
And I saw the white dog, and I hit my brake, but I hit it.
I stopped the car, hope that it is okay.
And it got back up and ran... I was going to
try to see if I can save it, by taking it to the vet,
but I don't know where it ran...

I guess it probably will die or maybe okay, or hurt real bad...

I didn't see any blood on the car bumper,
but there were small dent in it with its hair on it.

Oh well. I hope its owner took it to the vet or somebody
save it... I reallly hope that dog was okay.

Several times, I've seen cats dead on the road....

None seen dogs dead on the road.. but... MY OWN DOGS yes dead..
1st time... Casper killed by drunk driver... My hubby smelled drunk driver's breath... and asked you're drinking.. He nodded say no.. (ain't telling truth) Drunk driver left.. (my hubby kick his truck bumper) was extremelly mad! We did called the police.. and gave their licience plate but officer said cannot help you because it's ANIMAL.. I pissed off big time.. I showned CKC cerfication and breeder insurance too.. Officer still do nothing can do.. Totally I'm very deep piss'n off big time...
I contacted ckc and insurance too... They are not happy w/Officer! We took Casper burial where deep the forest and put cross name "Casper" rest in peace". 1 month later, Chippy asked for it because she want sucided hit by old lady.. Old lady came and knock the door.. *cried cried* I didn't kill your dog.. I do not understand why your dog jump into rear wheels.. *bent over my shoulder* ahh.. okay.. I accept her apgolized so hell lot.. she kept weeping.. explained me what happend.. I understand clearly what she describe.. I knew she misses her favorite mate Casper. I believe Chippy is happy w/Casper soul sprit... *gone*

We put Chippy burial beside Casper... extact same spot.

Truly I miss'em both!
We are learn our lesson because there have no fence that time we lived in rent farmhouse.

one time i saw a dead squirell in middle of street.. I was like eh? oh well yeah people have no respect for anything today..

every time i see animal dead.. i always stop and move them to the side of the road.. i believe they dont need to get hit over and over.. wheres their respect? they belong to someone?? they re like kids?? u know?? :(

I once ran over an armadillo. Boy, those things are like speed bumps!

It is an unfortunate thing that most people seem to think that anything other than humans are just souless things to be treated like nothing more than property or rubbish. Honestly, I have found an awful lot of humans to be the only real heartless, souless animals with no more regard for life than a tornado ripping through a mid-western town.

Florida - I see dead turtles on the road. Sad. And they aren't small turtles. They are as big a a regular sized football.

Pets being killed on the road are almost 100% the owners faults, so I rarely feel bad for the owners. The only time i do is when a pet gets out accidentally. I have lived with fenced yards and unfenced yards, and even now a 6 foot fence wouldn't help me because I have a fence jumper and he clears a 5 foot fence without touching it with over a foot of clearance. I always make sure my pets are secured, just like people do with kids, holding their hands while crossing the street, etc.

With animals in the road, you can risk hitting them if they are small and living yourself, or trying to avoid something if it's big, like a moose. Small animal, every time I would run it over if I didn't see it fast enough to slow down safely.

I hit a dog, 15 years ago,
I was going around the curvy road, and going 30 mph...
And I saw the white dog, and I hit my brake, but I hit it.
I stopped the car, hope that it is okay.
And it got back up and ran... I was going to
try to see if I can save it, by taking it to the vet,
but I don't know where it ran...

I guess it probably will die or maybe okay, or hurt real bad...

I didn't see any blood on the car bumper,
but there were small dent in it with its hair on it.

Oh well. I hope its owner took it to the vet or somebody
save it... I reallly hope that dog was okay.

Love her!!!!!!:laugh2:

How the hell did you even find this thread resurrecting dead animals.

You're not just a thread necromancer, but thread about dead animals necromancer. It's like Pet Cemetery.

How the hell did you even find this thread resurrecting dead animals.

You're not just a thread necromancer, but thread about dead animals necromancer. It's like Pet Cemetery.

And by that I am sure you mean incredibly creepy to be fascinated and bring up like zombies this depressing old thread.

And by that I am sure you mean incredibly creepy to be fascinated and bring up like zombies this depressing old thread.

Yes exactly!! Like what in the world did you, not you you, put in the search box to have this thread come up.......

Back