Direct Phone number isn't working on P3

BartSimpsx24x

Reaction score
Hey I tired call my friend with their direct number to their P3 from my P3 but it bounce to Interpreter. My friend call me it works fine. I do not want use IP address. How do I call VP from my P3 Netbook too?

Also, Seem like I have black screen problems on my P3. Can anyone helping. I already contact CC but they said they will call me back later.

Tell your friend can call you. It work. Then you click on list, then you call your friend back. it work. :)

I did and it works now! I talked to my other friend about this problems and they said it because of conflict on MVP or something. CC still haven't call me back about this problems.

Try call ur friend's 2nd Sorenson number which is 800 number (like 866, 888 ect) in order to call directly, I had no problem calling my friend directly by calling from Econolodge in Branson, MO to his home in Olathe. Don't use friend's local number cuz it doesn't work with Purple. If any of your friend say he don't have 2nd number, they should check their personal menu in Sorenson setting that have 2nd number.

It is same goes for calling from Z340 to Sorenson.

Good Luck

Catty

Try call ur friend's 2nd Sorenson number which is 800 number (like 866, 888 ect) in order to call directly, I had no problem calling my friend directly by calling from Econolodge in Branson, MO to his home in Olathe. Don't use friend's local number cuz it doesn't work with Purple. If any of your friend say he don't have 2nd number, they should check their personal menu in Sorenson setting that have 2nd number.

It is same goes for calling from Z340 to Sorenson.

Good Luck

Catty

What about Purple number to Purple Number? I am sick of bounce to Interpreter! I do not want call interpreter! I want call a friend!

What about Purple number to Purple Number? I am sick of bounce to Interpreter! I do not want call interpreter! I want call a friend!

It's because your friend's vp ph numbers was not registered in the national database therefore it led to the interpreter instead. There is a purple quote that I posted in other thread that explains away at: http://www.alldeaf.com/relay-services/67808-you-sure-your-vp-number-national-directory.html#post1388217

So just make sure to register your local numbers and remind others to check their local numbers in the national database so it makes things much easier. I know Purple and Zvrs users' local numbers can be registered there yet I am not sure of SnapVrs and others.

Last edited:
It's because your friend's vp ph numbers was not registered in the national database therefore it led to the interpreter instead. There is a purple quote that I posted in other thread that explains away at: http://www.alldeaf.com/relay-services/67808-you-sure-your-vp-number-national-directory.html#post1388217

So just make sure to register your local numbers and remind others to check their local numbers in the national database so it makes things much easier. I know Purple and Zvrs users' local numbers can be registered there yet I am not sure of SnapVrs and others.

If your vp number is not in National data base, then it will go to the VRS instead of a deaf person because it is programmed that way. There is a special "Yes or No" code for point to point. e.g. a deaf person (special code = Yes) call to another deaf person (special code = yes). If two yes, then it is point to point call. A hearing person (special code = no) call a deaf person (special code = yes). If one yes or zero yes, then it would connect to VRS automatically.

Check with Purple and make sure your own numbers are registered too. I have two, one for text and one for vrs. (i711 and HOVRS) I was having the problem like you.

My text wasnt registered. It was an old 866 number. Operater very helpful, connected me to customer service right away and we found out this problem. I retired my old 866 number and got Purple Mail that afternoon with my new number. I don't have VRS like Sorenson. I have the Purple Netbook. I don't know if this is helpful to you. Just a related story.

Back