Differences between cp800 and cp810

cjg

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone can give me actual details about the differences between these two CA processor models ( cp810 vs cp800 )

Thanks.

Thanks for trying to help , but there is actual a processor model cp800.

I am having a warranty issue , and CA is sending me a cp800 to replace my cp810 , and I am curious as to the differences. ( The model numbers are listed on the invoice itself )

CP800 is the whole series including accessories and the CP810 is the N5 processor. All on the cochlear website.

Ok .. then why would I get an email from CA that includes the following line

CP810 SERIES PROCESSING UNIT (BROWN) -1 $0.00
CP800 SERIES PROCESSING UNIT (BROWN), REFURBISHED,Warranty Ends on XX-XX-XX $0.00

That sure reads as if there is such a thing as a cp800 processor.

I you are really worried about it why don't you call or email cochlear and ask? Since none of the posters here are giving you answers that are sufficient to you

I was looking for actual details that CA might not want to inform me of.

Seeing as how they are sending one as a replacement , I fully expect them to say "No differences" Similar to how they are recommending the older freedom internals while the ci-512 is under recall. Which is just an older generation of tech.

if you are really worried/confused about this, just contact Cochlear directly. They're the ones with all the knowledge about their line of products. Or even your audiologist.

I am not worried or confused about it at all.

I have already spoken to my aud and she has no clue as to what differences there are ( if any ) Google has not been able to identify any information about it. So I decided to ask here about it before asking CA directly. Simply because they are replacing one for the other , I would hope to get at least a "no functional difference" answer from them. But also would like independent information if possible.

I was hoping someone could tell me exactly what any differences might be. Even if only cosmetic. But I guess no one here does know.

Oh well.

Back