Difference between Cochlear contour and Freedom implants

well at last a few good words for the C/I i browse through sometimes and wondered what you were talking about i have a N/FREEDOM AND I HAVE NO trouble with it and i would not give it up i have written a poem about it all if any one is interested i could send it through its in three parts. thank you for your praises.
implanted 18:01:08
switched on 06:03:08 still attending hospital signed very happy

It would be nice to see your poem Irene :) I don't think we have seen any CI related poems here before.

thankyou R2D2,it is the first time any one has commented on my letters hear is part one
SWITCHED ON
OF I GO ONCE AGAIN
MY TUMMY IT FEELS QUEER
THE ROAD WE TAKE IS THE SAME
AS IT WAS THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR.

THIS TIME IT IS SOMETHING NEW
I'M NOT SURE WHAT TO DO
PEOPLE SAY I WILL BE PLEASED
DEEP DOWN I THINK ITS TRUE

THE TIME HAS COME ITS BEEN LONG
BUT I HAVE TO SIT AND WAIT
SOON THEY WILL SWITCH ME ON
WHAT WILL BE MY FATE.

OH AT LAST I CAN HEAR
EVERY ONE WAS RIGHT
I HAVE MY NEW EAR
MY DAY HAS TURNED OUT BRIGHT.

THATS IT MORE NEXT WEEK IF YOU LIKE WHAT YOU READ IRENE

LOL my poor ear look destabilzed with the heavy Cochlear and Advanced Bionics BTE models. My wifey tried not to laugh when I told the audie I felt like Dumbo with his big floppy ears. I think it was Cochlear that had the pins that break off easily too. One friend that wear Cochlear said they didnt like the sound of the Freedom so they went back to the Contour with the programing modified by the company.[/QUOTE

You can't go back to "Contour" unless if he got reimplanted with an older model. Did you mean 3G the external BTE?

Some people prefer the 3G, but I'll be surprised though...Freedom is much better from many sources.

Maybe I got the models mixed up. I will ask for the models when I see the friend again. Either way the friend went back to the older model. Didnt like the sound of the new model at all for 3 months.. oh well ...

Back