Did you use an interpreter to take your driver's test?

Back in the day when I first got my DL we didn't have computers for the written test--we chiseled the answers on stone tablets.

:lol:

I have seen the computer kiosk stations in our local DMV. They are set up in a room with glass walls so the test takers can be easily observed.

Back in the day when I first got my DL we didn't have computers for the written test--we chiseled the answers on stone tablets.

:lol:

I think I got mine even before you did - 1958.

I still had very, very good hearing in my good ear even though the other one they could get no response from so the hearing was not an issue.

The only reason I would have taken driver's ed in high school was to learn a stick shift because the brands of new cars that my dad sold people really only ordered automatics. Then they went to automatics from the drivers ed cars at that time. It would not have helped anything because we were using Dad's demonstrator as our family car with the company carrying more insurance than any individual could. As far as learning was concerned Dad taught a lot of people to drive as part of selling a car to a family (we will buy from you if you can teach a certain family member to drive).

I had an interpreter for the classes, but I did not need one for the written exam. I just studied my book. And none either for the actual test to get my license. I just did what he told me to do. I just lipread him. :) (Easier said than done for some than others, I'm sure.)

I didn't use an interpreter for both states I got a license in. I had my driving test in FL, the instructor simply pointed where he wanted me to go, had me park, and go into reverse with a three-point turn. Everything was written down. When I moved to NC, I had to retake the written test (including road signs) in order to be licensed in the state. The written test was done on a computer and I wrote down my answers for the road signs.

Did not use terp, passed the test, still driving with zero accidents & speeding tickets for 16 years now.

20526180_10155695977074875_7772297052041433656_n.jpg

Back