Did you know?

Cheri

Prayers for my dad.
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't throw old medicines down the toilet or in the rubbish as they can harm our environment. Instead take out-of-date medicines back to your local pharmacy through the Return Unwanted Medicines program. This will protect the environment and your children.

ohhh i never knew that program was in existance!!!! ive always thrown out old meds i no longer needed into either the trash or toilet

good thing someone brings that up i was trying to figure out to do with those medication sheesh

I never thought it was safe to throw pills in the toilet. I think I did once out of curiosity, but it felt really wrong. I think people originally did that to get rid of it entirely...I don't know.

Yeah, it's always been common knowledge about getting rid of old medication through the pharmacies and chemists.

That would explain the fertility problem... people are always flushing away their birth control. :crazy:

Yes you are correct, Cheri but Rubbish bin?

I alway threw old medicines to rubbish bin. I didn't know that it harm evironment to throw old medicines to rubbish bin. Thank you for your information. I'll find out.

I'm environment-friendly but not 100% prefect. I do what I can to protect the environment.:Oops:

German law is very strict about environment, that's why we learn alots about this & also at school, too.

Last edited:
Interesting, I'll do that next time I get rid of the old meds that's out of date and take those to the pharmacy instead of the rubbish bin. Thanks for the info! :D

I had to throw my prescription away, cause people know I have medicine in my cabinets and they would sneak and steal my prescription with my OWN name on it and use it for drugs. I have to throw away before someone steal them.. I tried to call all the RX stores and they don't take old or useable medicine.

Thanks. I should know better about calling the phamcyand ask them if they do take old medicines. I have been throwing old medicines and so but it makes me feel guilty becasuse i feel its wrong to dump these into the clean eviromernt. I feel bad. i ll try to call the phrmacy tomorrow. geez.. thanks for reminding me of..

Back