Did you know ASL isn't a language, Stokoe invented SEE, and interpreters are evil?

Truesign is one of the most woefully misinformed people I have encountered lately. Nothing in his post is accurate.

It scares me how wrong he is, though. I am hoping he is a troll, because if real people believed that stuff...*shudders*...I don't even want to think about it.

It scares me how wrong he is, though. I am hoping he is a troll, because if real people believed that stuff...*shudders*...I don't even want to think about it.

Since he claims to have a deaf wife, and to have studied ASL, he is either lying about that, or trolling to get reactions. IMO.

He MUST be trolling. That's the only way somebody would say things like that. I give up.

On the other hand, I have heard some extremely conservative types claim stuff like that. Remmy Jake O'Donnell from the DumbNotes days?

its not a language? Well Asl has grammar, structure, vocabulary, etc.. if that does not constitute a language then what does?

Did you know ASL isn't a language, Stokoe invented SEE, and interpreters are evil?
Hahaha, I hope this guy is a troll. :rl: Otherwise this guy is really confused and it's a little scary. :eek3:

He hasn't been back to post. We can safely assume that he was a troll, or in the middle of a psychotic break that either resolved itself or ended with his hospitalization!:giggle:

*shrugs* trolls ... urgh ...

Seriously ... If ASL wasn't a language then my brain wouldn't HURT so much trying to process ASL grammar and English at the same time ....

I've always either signed (ASL) or spoken ... learning to both hurts my head !!!! I consider them two separate languages ...

trolls ...

troll18km.jpg

Back