Did you have lunchboxes when you were in grade school?

naisho

Forum Disorders M.D.,Ph.D
Reaction score
Well, did you?
I still remember one of my early ones. And I miss the thermos.

image.php

Ahh the 80's was such a strange yet fascinating era. I had the superman lunch box back in 1984

Last edited:
I had few kind of lunch boxes from pre-school to last year of High school, lol.

Most of my lunchbox were made by Tupperware. No thermos, never had one.

I do not remember but most of time I am ate at school's cafe! :)

Yes, I did in the 50's and 60's.

I grew up in the 90s and still had one. My sister has an "I love lucy one" She's had it since she was 12 now 33. Those things last really long!

Oh, yeah! I had lunch boxes in grade school. But I am an old geezer...we had the ones that were metal and the thermos was glass lined and heavy.

I had the Wonder Woman tin lunch box when I was in Elementary school. :) I think my brother had the Incredible Hulk tin lunch box.

As I got older I got a red Tupperware lunch box.

I grew up in 70's/80's - remember had Scooby Doo lunchbox and My Little Pony one and others, the metal and the plastic. In high school I mostly ate the school lunch:ugh:

Brown paper bags!...Or Brown Bagging it....too many of us (6) to buy lunch boxes for...and god forbid you lost ur brown bag!

Wow! What did the lunch boxes you guys from the 50/60/70's have looked like?

Must be old skool and a collectible to have these days on ebay.
Rockin, I moved to brown bags in jr high when it was "uncool" to have a lunch box. lol

Wow! What did the lunch boxes you guys from the 50/60/70's have looked like?

Must be old skool and a collectible to have these days on ebay.
Rockin, I moved to brown bags in jr high when it was "uncool" to have a lunch box. lol

My favorite one was a red plaid design with a matching thermos.

Like this one?
il_430xN.89122735.jpg

Whoa guys.. some of these lunch boxes from the 50's are going for $50+ and a few hundreds on ebay. Some of the ones from the 70's are $9-$30 a pop. Good resale value..

Oh, yeah! I had lunch boxes in grade school. But I am an old geezer...we had the ones that were metal and the thermos was glass lined and heavy.

Glass lined? I must look it up that i wasnt sure if i have seen it before.

Like this one?
il_430xN.89122735.jpg

Whoa guys.. some of these lunch boxes from the 50's are going for $50+ and a few hundreds on ebay. Some of the ones from the 70's are $9-$30 a pop. Good resale value..

It looks very familiar to me. Maybe i had one. Remind you that i have older sisters that i used my sister's old lunchbox too. . I am a 70's chick.

It looks very familiar to me. Maybe i had one. Remind you that i have older sisters that i used my sister's old lunchbox too. . I am a 70's chick.

Yeah you guys are lucky.
In my time it's all plastics and thermos. Ninja turtles, he-man, scooby doo and cartoon logos, transformers etc... You guys are the real old school.

Like this one?
il_430xN.89122735.jpg

Exactly like that! Flashback!!:lol:

Glass lined? I must look it up that i wasnt sure if i have seen it before.

Yeah. All thermoses used to have a glass lining between the outside and the inside layers. Sometimes, you could accidently break the glass, and could feel it shaking around inside.

Yeah , I know I had metal lunch box becauce my dad threw at my head!

I am sorry , this all I can really remember about my lunch box.

Back