Did the Deaf community respond to negative attitudes?

Opal

Reaction score
Did the Deaf Community respond to negative attitudes? - HOW?:hmm:

Yep, its tough for me to write assessment for my study!!

What negative attitudes? I really do not understand this question.

Ok - I should write a list about negative attitudes, like how deaf people's reaction to hearie's point of views , "You can't do that, because you are deaf, you shouldnt be driving, work", etc. - do you get my drift?

As a deaf person who is involved with the Deaf community, I can only speak for myself but not for the entire community, if I was in that situation where a hearing person is telling me that, I would say " kindly kiss my ass because I won't do what U say but I will do what I believe in which is in MYSELF" and walk away.

Of course, we respond....see Shel's above post....:lol:

As a deaf person who is involved with the Deaf community, I can only speak for myself but not for the entire community, if I was in that situation where a hearing person is telling me that, I would say " kindly kiss my ass because I won't do what U say but I will do what I believe in which is in MYSELF" and walk away.

Ok Shel90 - fair enough!

Also for me, I remember my sister telling me not to get pregnant, because I will never hear baby's crying, it hurt me alot !!!

People from all walks of life, get negative comments. We can choose to refute them, make a nasty comment back, wonder about "their intellect" or choose to let it slide or let it bother us....
When someone says "you can't do that, ur deaf"...that really gets my guard up, and a nasty comment such as "Watch me!"....One of my favorites is "don't patronize me"!

Ok - I should write a list about negative attitudes, like how deaf people's reaction to hearie's point of views , "You can't do that, because you are deaf, you shouldnt be driving, work", etc. - do you get my drift?

Few weeks ago, I wrote a check at TJ Max cashier. An Indian lady flabbergasted to seeing my driver license. She asked me, how can you drive a car? I said wtf of course since I was 15 years old. She said omg.

I am so sick of hearing people think, Deaf people have limit their physical or mental. Grrrrrrrrrrrr !!

Ok Shel90 - fair enough!

Also for me, I remember my sister telling me not to get pregnant, because I will never hear baby's crying, it hurt me alot !!!

Did you know that Deaf people like to turn the light on during intercourse due to visual sign language communication?

Deaf people turn the lights on.

Hearing people turn the lights off.

I wonder if hearing people are embarressed to show their naked bodies to their partners ? :hmm:

Did you know that Deaf people like to turn the light on during intercourse due to visual sign language communication?

I wonder if hearing people are embarressed to show their naked bodies to their partners ? :hmm:

Haha... good question... I wonder..

Being that I'm the only deaf person in my entire family, I am told I can't do stuff all the time. I kind of have that personality that likes to "go against the grain", so to speak, and pretty much do everything opposite of what people say I can or cannot do.

My brother and father told me there's no point in learning how to work in a car. I've learned to work on cars.... not only that I work in an auto parts store as a delivery driver on weekends for fun. I'm deaf..... and I'm a female. I "can't do something"?.... I say "kiss my white ass and watch me do it successfully". :D

Few weeks ago, I wrote a check at TJ Max cashier. An Indian lady flabbergasted to seeing my driver license. She asked me, how can you drive a car? I said wtf of course since I was 15 years old. She said omg.

I am so sick of hearing people think, Deaf people have limit their physical or mental. Grrrrrrrrrrrr !!

Well, yeah -- but I wonder the same thing. How can you possibly drive without being able to talk on your cell phone at the same time?

:)

that is silly!! funny you are silly? I know visual light off and on
OMG

Yea, because their ears are the only way to get them so excited.

Deaf people get excited by what they see with their eyes so it is LIGHTS ON!

light on and dim. but then again, I thought most people , hearing or deaf, keep their light on.

Back