Describing colors to blind people

That was good!
But what does he and others "see" in their blindness? Is it dark? Is it nothing? Is it a fleshy color?

Hmmm....
:hmm:

What the hell why were the captions so tiny? I clicked on the options you can change the font, the color but not the size :/ grrrr

Why get mad at me? I only posted a link to a video this thread reminded me of, I didn't post the video to youtube. If I had posted it to youtube, I would have added captions (as I already do), that uploader has the crappy auto captions and youtube is also to blame for setting up their font size like that.

That was good!
But what does he and others "see" in their blindness? Is it dark? Is it nothing? Is it a fleshy color?

Hmmm....

I have a feeling it's really just nothing. Every once in a blue moon I'll get a headache accompanied by a blind spot, it's usually on the right side and I don't know, about the size of plate. If I put my hand in that spot, I can't see it, it disappears. Not like it got covered up, it's just gone, if I keep my hand in the same spot but turn my head and look at it from a different angle I can see it, but the blind spot just moved. It's hard to explain, the blind spot isn't a color, black or white, it's actually more like... just light, but not. Not that I have any of idea if that's what a blind person experiences on a larger scale, it could be completely different I don't know I'm not blind :D

Why get mad at me? I only posted a link to a video this thread reminded me of, I didn't post the video to youtube. If I had posted it to youtube, I would have added captions (as I already do), that uploader has the crappy auto captions and youtube is also to blame for setting up their font size like that.

:roll: why do you think I'm mad at you? I was talking about the link, and I only quoted you so people would know which video I was talking about :dunno:

:roll: why do you think I'm mad at you? I was talking about the link, and I only quoted you so people would know which video I was talking about :dunno:

When people use the word hell, it usually indicates someone is pissed at me or something I may have done. Internet does not convey messages very well..lol

I have a feeling it's really just nothing. Every once in a blue moon I'll get a headache accompanied by a blind spot, it's usually on the right side and I don't know, about the size of plate. If I put my hand in that spot, I can't see it, it disappears. Not like it got covered up, it's just gone, if I keep my hand in the same spot but turn my head and look at it from a different angle I can see it, but the blind spot just moved. It's hard to explain, the blind spot isn't a color, black or white, it's actually more like... just light, but not. Not that I have any of idea if that's what a blind person experiences on a larger scale, it could be completely different I don't know I'm not blind :D
:ty:

When people use the word hell, it usually indicates someone is pissed at me or something I may have done. Internet does not convey messages very well..lol

This is true, but I was annoyed, but not at you, I know you can'tcontrol the stupid captions on youtube ;) the auto captions are bad enough, now they're doing them like fine print. awesome

Edited to change can to can't oops duh. That changes my statement lol

Last edited:
This is true, but I was annoyed, but not at you, I know you can control the stupid captions on youtube ;) the auto captions are bad enough, now they're doing them like fine print. awesome

Perhaps I should reupload videos of Star Trek I like and add actual captions, it takes time, but it's worth it. I'd have to wait until I get my replacement hearing aids before doing that though.

If it makes you feel any better, youtube changed the comment system and I can't see comments now, so they are really annoying me.

That was good!

Hmmm....

One of my old classmates is deaf-blind. It seems to be variable degrees of sight, like deafness. She's obviously got enough sight to see a close conversation, but she saw colors and she could see more detail in her peripheral. My friends dad is 100% blind and he senses colors based on how the warmth of sunlight makes things golden, snow is cool and blue... He lost his sight in his 20s so he has a strong memory of sight.

my hubby has Rubella Syndrome and has one fully-usable eye. He's had operations on the other eye to reduce some of the outer anatomical results of the Syndrome but the optic nerve is not much developed in that eye. He has a number of congenital things and this is one.
He -can- see out of that eye but not well and he has no depth perception.
We're taking ASL class together <!> and he sits right in front and center of the two Deaf instructors so he can see more of it, if he wants to have the best chance of seeing fingerspelling, the hand needs to be close to his face.
I use captions but that's why he doesn't really - doesn't see well enough or read fast enough for them to be useful.

i have wondered if there colours we unable to see (not ulta violet)IF went to another universe and it all different those inhabitents eyes made different to see different

Back