Departed Deaf Mechanic

deafsmogtech

Reaction score
Hello, I had a bad time last month ago at Shell station....there was my young deaf mechanic (about 24 yrs old) who I am working with him for 2 years. On Saturday just one day before 9/11, a male cashier informed me that he is leaving his job. I thought it was silly. I asked a cashier what's the matter with him. He said he want raise pay. I was surprised cuz he never ask me. I wait him to tell me something but I went to another station to see a general manager to inform him that he might leave his job. He say nothing. Back to work and he asked me Is a manager there? I replied yes, he leave and heading to see a manager without let me know. I don't know what's going on with him and a manager. After 20 minutes, he returned to work and informed me,"Today is my last day". I was stunned and silenced. I feel like I say myself
" What a low life". My view on him is he was not happy with a new service writer. I don't buy his story about the raise salary. For him is he want different workplace and close his home. Good luck for him.

We still look a mechanic to fill a position to replace a deaf mechanic, borrow a technician from another station to take my place when my vacation is over. I will straight up with a service writer to met the shop management demand. I know he have drug problem. If he fail the shop's policy then I get another service writer to replace him. The Shell station has 7th service writer changes in 2 1/2 years. Aloha dst

I heard one deaf mechanic worked at Mazda dealer in Southern California, back to 1980's but, out of business (reduce Mazda dealers due bad economy).

I feel sorry for him who left his job.

Hello, I had a bad time last month ago at Shell station....there was my young deaf mechanic (about 24 yrs old) who I am working with him for 2 years. On Saturday just one day before 9/11, a male cashier informed me that he is leaving his job. I thought it was silly. I asked a cashier what's the matter with him. He said he want raise pay. I was surprised cuz he never ask me. I wait him to tell me something but I went to another station to see a general manager to inform him that he might leave his job. He say nothing. Back to work and he asked me Is a manager there? I replied yes, he leave and heading to see a manager without let me know. I don't know what's going on with him and a manager. After 20 minutes, he returned to work and informed me,"Today is my last day". I was stunned and silenced. I feel like I say myself
" What a low life". My view on him is he was not happy with a new service writer. I don't buy his story about the raise salary. For him is he want different workplace and close his home. Good luck for him.

If he is single which mean his salary is lower. If he get marry and then, his salary might raise, if more kids, will more raise his salary.

Oh, if he fail drug test? not good. it won't hire

I heard one deaf mechanic worked at Mazda dealer in Southern California, back to 1980's but, out of business (reduce Mazda dealers due bad economy).

I feel sorry for him who left his job.

Really, I didn't know about him in 1980's. During late 1970 to 1990, I worked as an automotive machinist for the engine rebuilding company for 13 years (most crankshaft grinder) and began automotive mechanic in early 1990 to present. 15 years in gas stations that I love to work there.

I don't feel sorry for him. Screw him.

If he is single which mean his salary is lower. If he get marry and then, his salary might raise, if more kids, will more raise his salary.

Oh, if he fail drug test? not good. it won't hire

He is single, lives with his parents plus his gf. If I see him as married and improvement in mechanical skill or obtain ASE certificates then I would raise him good pay but he didn't even never ask me in person other than a service writer cuz I am leadsman in the shop of the gas station not to other stations. He is not a drug user. My service writer is.... We doesn't carry drug test for new employees. I caught a service writer in his car to smoking or inhaling drug stuffs, did informed a GM (general manager) about his drug problem. I'm sure he won't be last longer when I return to work from vacation or find a good service writer soon. Aloha dst

what's service writer?

Service writer is one you usually talk to when taking car in to be fixed. They then give information to mechanic to repair car.

Service writer is one you usually talk to when taking car in to be fixed. They then give information to mechanic to repair car.

Right, the customers and order parts are service writer's responsibility to work with... They can earn good money than mechanics. Aloha dst

because they're a bullshitter. I'm a bullshitter too and I can smell bullshit.

I prefer to talk to mechanic directly. That's why I use private mechanic.

You hate service writers, same way, I hate customers for hassle me and my time. Aloha, dst

How do you find your private mechanic? The private mechanic acts like non-certified backyard/weekend mechanic. :dunno:

he's a real mechanic for sure. he makes a living as a truck mechanic and motorcycle mechanic on side job.

he's well-known and highly-recommended by motorcycle community in here. been using him for 3 years. no problem. probably saved over $1,000.

Back