Demi-sexual

DeafNerdMommy

Reaction score
Has anyone here heard of demi-sexual? I just found out that is what I am and I am happy to have discovered this. Hey at the same time I feel like no one knows what it is so I feel kind of stupid telling people.

I googled it too. Very interesting. I could almost say that is the same for me. Once I form that emotional strong connection, then it's a go, and at that!

um, okay.

before 1980's people often don't reveal their sexual identity. I prefer that way to keep sexual preference low, but now people are starting to tell their sexual preference to divide the social setting (i.e. "I'm going to bar with (glbt) gay/lesbians/bi/t/ but heteros are not invited to our private bar")......WHY sexist WHY?

um, okay.

before 1980's people often don't reveal their sexual identity. I prefer that way to keep sexual preference low, but now people are starting to tell their sexual preference to divide the social setting (i.e. "I'm going to bar with (glbt) gay/lesbians/bi/t/ but heteros are not invited to our private bar")......WHY sexist WHY?

To make it worse, I am semi-sexist. Arrghhh.

um, okay.

I just hate that people label me. I go out with my wife and people call us lesbians, but I'm not lesbian. I am not sexually attracted to females. I just like my wife. I just always identified as straight and now I feel like I found clarity and confusion.
I do dislike people that say they are cis gendered heterosexual... ok thanks?

I just hate that people label me. I go out with my wife and people call us lesbians, but I'm not lesbian. I am not sexually attracted to females. I just like my wife. I just always identified as straight and now I feel like I found clarity and confusion.
I do dislike people that say they are cis gendered heterosexual... ok thanks?
There are so many confusing heteronormative people out there. I'm a fan of labels personally. Which is why I get frustrated when I can't box myself into something. I find comfort in labels. Lately I've been trying to determine the word for what I am. I've found that I'm attracted to masculinity more so than being attracted to male genitals. So I'm thinking the appropriate term might be androsexual. But I don't really know. I'm attracted to men and transmen. So homosexual would describe me as being attracted to someone of the same sex, where as I'm more attracted to masculine features than I am to a person's particular sex. So a person's sex could be technically female, but they're trans so I'd still find them attractive, which could technically make me bisexual, but I don't feel bisexual because I'm not attracted to femininity. See...even as I'm typing this out, I'm starting to confuse myself.

Lysander- that sounds closer to pansexual the way you describe it. I'd have to ask some friends who have somewhat... "unconventional" relationships that do defy labels.

Lysander- that sounds closer to pansexual the way you describe it. I'd have to ask some friends who have somewhat... "unconventional" relationships that do defy labels.
Yeah, I thought that as well. But it only applies to people who present masculine. Pansexual to me would imply all gender expressions. And it's not all gender expressions that I'm attracted to. It's only masculine gender expressions. So while I don't care about the genitals, I do care about the gender expression. I'm not attracted to feminine men with penises either.

The only thing I've ever been interested in about a person's sexuality is if they happen to be interested in ME. Then I get to decide how I feel about it.

Conditionally. Could you post an out-of-focus photo and your last month's reading list?:hmm: Huh. I think I feel perky. :)

Dang. In the past month the only book I read was The Big Friendly Giant.
Guess I'm disqualified. :(

Dang. In the past month the only book I read was The Big Friendly Giant.
Guess I'm disqualified. :(
We will likely need to wait just a few more years, until my senility advances to a ripeness more fitting with your taste.

We will likely need to wait just a few more years, until my senility advances to a ripeness more fitting with your taste.

I would laugh, but that is so sad to me.
Personally, I am convinced I will acquire Alzheimer's eventually, and I sincerely hope a dear friend would end it for me. You would think they make provisions for us, such as putting us on an ice floe with a bottle of vodka, but nope. My fantastic lady is older than I, and though she insists on an open relationship, I trust her mental acuity. She also insists on clear eyes when talking with her, if you know what I mean. She refused to answer when I asked her about my final moments, but the look in her eyes gave me a thrill.

Back