Dell XPS-420 8GB RAM?

I am very familiar with these stuff. I already ordered four DDR2 PC6400 2GB modules (I got four slots). I just wanted to find out which is latest info for my XPS due to conflicting info on many websites.. I got offical specs from Dell which thats all I needed. :D

If you have 4 slots, you can go up to 8GB, you should know that by counting, 4x2 is what 8. GG.

PS, I said GG because I'm a gamer as well. GG; Good Game.

I just got the memory from newegg last night and installed on my computer.. Works flawlessly and shows full 8GB ram in my Vista 64bit

Hello RichardDeaf. I have an XPS420 also with Vista Ultimate x64 and would like to upgrade to 8GBs of memory.

Like you, everywhere I went to locate some 2X2 modules, I was unable to locate any.

Since you mentioned acquiring yours from NewEgg, and they were compatible with the XPS420, can you advise the Brand and Model of the memory?

I would like to order some of these memory modules also. Thanks

Hello RichardDeaf. I have an XPS420 also with Vista Ultimate x64 and would like to upgrade to 8GBs of memory.

Like you, everywhere I went to locate some 2X2 modules, I was unable to locate any.

Since you mentioned acquiring yours from NewEgg, and they were compatible with the XPS420, can you advise the Brand and Model of the memory?

I would like to order some of these memory modules also. Thanks

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

The price had dropped by $2 since I brought it.

Thanks RichardDeaf, for the very fast response. I did not expect that.

Also thanks for the link. I will order some of this tonight. Since I live in a state that NewEgg charges sales tax, my price will be slightly higher, but look at what you are getting. 8GBs of memory for $160.00.

I paid $230.00 for 2GBs of OCZ PC3200 not very long ago.

This is really a deal and I thank you for providing the information you have.

Wow, better price and really cheap for sure.

I have questions about RAM, I have Dell XPS 630 and it's desktop PC.

I have 2 RAM of 1 GB each, total is 2 GB and left empty 2 slots, does I can put 2 GB RAM in empty slot, along with 2 other 1 GB RAM? I think about want get other 2 RAM with 1 GB each to put in empty slot to make max at 4 GB.

I need max at 4 GB but can't go over 4 GB due I have 32 bit version of Vista, I could request to MS to send 64 bit of Vista DVD for $10 but wait later.

Wow, better price and really cheap for sure.

I have questions about RAM, I have Dell XPS 630 and it's desktop PC.

I have 2 RAM of 1 GB each, total is 2 GB and left empty 2 slots, does I can put 2 GB RAM in empty slot, along with 2 other 1 GB RAM? I think about want get other 2 RAM with 1 GB each to put in empty slot to make max at 4 GB.

I need max at 4 GB but can't go over 4 GB due I have 32 bit version of Vista, I could request to MS to send 64 bit of Vista DVD for $10 but wait later.

Yes you can. I recommend doing in "pair" rather single slot to get max performance.

Should be same - make sure you have correct CAS timing and bus speed for your XPS 630.. I didnt check your system.. That information should be avail in dell support pages.

Bus speed is 800 MHz DDR2 and not sure about CAS timing.

Edit, I checked on CPUZ on current RAM and said CAS timing is 5. (CAS latency)

I am very familiar with these stuff. I already ordered four DDR2 PC6400 2GB modules (I got four slots). ...

Thanks for your valued info, RichardDeaf.

I'm new XPS420 user, I managed to did the 4*2GB RAM (Kingston ValueRam 800mhz - model# KVR800D2N5/2G) upgrade on it.

I was unable to access support.dell.com all evening.. Is anyone having this same problem or is it just me???

I am trying to find out if my Dell XPS-420 can be upgraded from 4GB to 8GB (I am running Vista Ultimate 64bit).. Too many websites giving me conflicting information, some said max is 4, some said max of 8..

Anyone have XPS-420 with memory > 4GB? I need to upgrade so I can run couple virtual machines on my PC.

Thanks!

suggest you to get sp1, it will show you full ram memory. I have same problem with this before.
here is link - Download details: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Five Language Standalone (KB936330)

Back