decided to become a vegetarian...

Not true at all...

Those are all signs of WITHDRAWAL. You're trying to come off of nitrates, growth hormones, and excessive protein levels, among other things. Go here, scroll down to Lesson 8 - Proteins In The Diet, and read all the lessons within that plus the articles.

Raw Food Living|Raw Food Diet & Recipes|Organic Raw Foods

exactly - one time, i quit dairy, coffee and smoking all at the same time - i was completely lethargic for 3 days then boom! full of energy after that. it's the detox that slows your body down for a while.

You may find it interesting to know that most people who suffer from B vitamin deficiencies are meat eaters.

It's a myth about the vitamin b deficiency in relation to the vegetarian/vegan diets. B12 does not come from animal protein - it's a bacteria found in plants contaminated by it.

I wouldn't say that plants are "contaminated by it" in the same sense that tobacco leaves are contaminated by RADIOACTIVE POLONIUM AND LEAD IN THE SOIL. The bacteria that we are referring to are there for a reason. The reason that is true is because (as far as we can tell) a vegetarian or vegan eater (especially Low-Fat-Raw-Vegan) has a much lower requirement for all nutrients in general because of lower energy levels required for digesting food and eliminating waste from the body (of which there is a lot of in meat - remember the waste that are still held up in cells about to be eliminated and still in interstitial fluids on the way out to the bloodstream at the time of death - as if I were a coroner describing some things evident after death of a person).

Now, a way to maintain that level of B12 is to simply rinse off utensils, plates, etc. without soap (unless grease is involved - then you HAVE to wash that stuff off), and don't wash your water bottle that you regularly drink out of. I usually wash my bottle with soap about every two months or so, as not washing it frequently builds up bacteria around the mouth opening, and I wash it when it becomes visually evident. This is why I always carry a second bottle of water with me when I go to work or on a trip. That way, if something happens on the way, and someone needs emergency water, it comes out of the clean bottle, never my active bottle. I don't want to mix up someone else's bacterial culture with mine.

The point is, you need to have bacteria in your system, because they not only make the B12 and other nutrients, but also serve to help break down your food and waste products in the body. What happens is when conditions go out of control in the body through improper lifestyle habits, and bacteria with poisonous excreta (their "doodoo" or metabolic waste as part of their live cycle) grow in colonies sufficiently large for its waste to become a bit much for the body to handle. These bacteria are always present in the body, but if you eat properly, they are kept in check by others and by a biological condition of the body that doesn't favor or support large colonies. With these colonies kept in control, the amount of poisonous excreta is really kept down to tolerable levels that don't make you sick (and you don't even notice that they're there - you're not supposed to notice under the right conditions).

On that same page I pointed you to, scroll down to Lesson 9 and look for Article #8, Factors that lower vitamin needs by TC Fry. http://www.rawfoodexplained.com/sitemap.html It points out that our nutritionally-deficient and stressful lifestyles increases the expenditure rate of vitamin usage while at the same time giving us LESS of it. That is a FAST way to age your body. (age is merely a chronological indicator of damage to the body)

Homemade protein bars! The ohsheglows blog has a recipe for quick bars and they are delicious. I had trouble keeping my kids from eating them all. :D

I made home peanut butter fudge with honey with carob my daughter like that. I made my own granola too, it tastes good and was cheaper than buying it all made. I also made a soybean loaf and a friend who was a huge meat eater really liked it.

deafdrummer - poor choice of words, i just meant B12 is a bacteria found in plants touched by it. I'm a vegan and so far, no health issues, no lethargy, no deficiencies. I just make sure there's a wide variety of foods in my diet.

at christmas time, i cheated and had some dairy and meat and felt pretty gross and unclean afterwards like i put crap into my body. probably did since the meat and dairy were from large scale farms. felt very lethargic and heavy on the inside, didn't like it at all. feel much better as a vegan and definitely far far healthier.

You may find it interesting to know that most people who suffer from B vitamin deficiencies are meat eaters.

It's a myth about the vitamin b deficiency in relation to the vegetarian/vegan diets. B12 does not come from animal protein - it's a bacteria found in plants contaminated by it.

To have true B12 deficiency, one would have developed anemia and nerve damage. We all have b12 in our bodies for it's always re-absorbed, not excreted. A human actually only needs 2-3 micrograms of b12 a day and that's very easy to accomplish.

and most reports on b12 deficiencies are sponsored by the pharmaceutical and/or meat industries.

I have spent many years as a vegetarian, in the past. I have observed the effects, and also had information from my doctor.

Could someone clarify whats the differerence between vegan and vegetarian? im lazy...

To have true B12 deficiency, one would have developed anemia and nerve damage. We all have b12 in our bodies for it's always re-absorbed, not excreted. A human actually only needs 2-3 micrograms of b12 a day and that's very easy to accomplish.

and most reports on b12 deficiencies are sponsored by the pharmaceutical and/or meat industries.

erm, how would one get nerve damage to becmoe Vit B deficient? example? im intrigued with this one

I think that is from less B vitamins in a vegetarian diet.

I raised my daughter on a vegetarian diet and she was very healthy. She went 2 years with out missing one day of school. You have to know what you're doing. Some people just stop eating meat and think they just have to veggies and they will be ok. I knew a guy that did that he got sick , he ate very little protein and his hair started to fall out . Some people think a woman can't get pregnant on a vegetarian diet and that is not true, I was a vegetarian
for 4 years and got pregnant.

I raised my daughter on a vegetarian diet and she was very healthy. She went 2 years with out missing one day of school. You have to know what you're doing. Some people just stop eating meat and think they just have to veggies and they will be ok. I knew a guy that did that he got sick , he ate very little protein and his hair started to fall out . Some people think a woman can't get pregnant on a vegetarian diet and that is not true, I was a vegetarian

I had both my children while on a vegetarian diet, and the were quite healthy.

We studied extensively and did it very carefully. It was pretty much a rite of passage to do this with people of my generation. Also when my kids were small we lived in a barn that was converted to a house, and grew our own vegetables organically.

I also made the bread and made candles . We lived by Mother Earth News!

It was a fun time in our lives.

Not true at all...

Those are all signs of WITHDRAWAL. You're trying to come off of nitrates, growth hormones, and excessive protein levels, among other things. Go here, scroll down to Lesson 8 - Proteins In The Diet, and read all the lessons within that plus the articles.

Raw Food Living|Raw Food Diet & Recipes|Organic Raw Foods

Very interesting but why my doctor tell me go back eat meat! :eek3: also Why I had so bad headaches?? its happened to my daughter as well

If you don't mind my asking WDYS, why did you decide to stop being a vegetarian? My cats' curiosity rubs off on me sometimes! :)

If you don't mind my asking WDYS, why did you decide to stop being a vegetarian? My cats' curiosity rubs off on me sometimes! :)

I think she means she had been vegetarian already four years before getting pregnant.

Pretty sure she still is a vegetarian.

I had both my children while on a vegetarian diet, and the were quite healthy.

We studied extensively and did it very carefully. It was pretty much a rite of passage to do this with people of my generation. Also when my kids were small we lived in a barn that was converted to a house, and grew our own vegetables organically.

I also made the bread and made candles . We lived by Mother Earth News!

It was a fun time in our lives.

WOW! I forgot about Mother Earth News! I loved the paper! I would pack my daughter lunch for preschool and her teachers said they wanted to eat it! I used black rye bread for sandwiches . I did not made my bread but I did made all of baby food. She had nothing from a jar! I grew my own veggies in California, we could grow food most of the year.

I think she means she had been vegetarian already four years before getting pregnant.

Pretty sure she still is a vegetarian.

I am not a vegetarian now . I was one for years . Yes I was a vegetarian for 4 years and got pregnant.
Some people think vegetarian women can't get pregnant. My sister daugther was dating a guy and they where trying to have a baby and friend of my sister said her daughter is a vegetarian and that why she can't get pregnant!! WTF!

A common mistake is not eating enough fruits, because they contain amino acids, which you need to build protein. This is one reason fruits have a class of taste by itself, incomparable. This is designed to draw the natural human to eating more fruit than anything else to ensure this.

The other thing we have to know about this man is, what was his life like? Many people are stressed and sleep deprived at the same time. Does he have a high-stress job? Does he go to bed around 9-9 30 normally? Does he sleep in sensory deprivation (either deaf or wears ear plugs, AND either uses black-out curtains or an eye mask to block out light pollution that keeps the person from really falling into deep sleep). I do both bed time and eye mask to enhance my sleep. After all, natural humans had to abide by the setting and rising of the sun, slept in relatively quiet nights in a natural setting, and had at most a full moon for a light at night.

Very interesting but why my doctor tell me go back eat meat! :eek3: also Why I had so bad headaches?? its happened to my daughter as well

Because that is a withdrawal symptom as well. Detoxification is not a pleasant experience. Ask a drunk what it feels like in the morning.

Back