Queens College – Fitzgerald Gym
65-30 Kissena Blvd
Flushing, NY 11367
COST: FREE ADMISSION & FREE PARKING
HOURS: 9:00AM-5:00PM
FREE CHILDREN ACTIVITIES

New York, NY | DeafNation Expo

Anyone planning on going?

I have a committment that afternoon, so I'm thinking of going in the morning.

I'll be there! I live in Queens so it's super convenient. Looking forward to it!

hmm.... nah

Awww, really? You'll travel anywhere in the country but you won't go to a nearby Expo? :aw: :D

I'll be there! I live in Queens so it's super convenient. Looking forward to it!

Great! Maybe more people from AD who live in the area will decide to come. Maybe we can exchange cell nos for texting later, so we can meet up at an interesting booth or something.

I honestly don't know how many people will want to go in the AM though -- I'll probably have to leave by 11:30, 11:45AM at the latest.

a friend VP'ed me last night. looks like I got suckered into coming to expo :aw:

If jiro knew I was going then Jiro will go no matter what! JUST KIDDING! I really wish I could go. :(

If I wasnt so busy with boy scouts stuff and kids sports.. I'd be there

I'm seavenday Adventist. I would be there if it was on Sunday Saturday is my Sabbath what of love to meet you all.

If jiro knew I was going then Jiro will go no matter what! JUST KIDDING! I really wish I could go. :(

If I wasnt so busy with boy scouts stuff and kids sports.. I'd be there

I'm seavenday Adventist. I would be there if it was on Sunday Saturday is my Sabbath what of love to meet you all.

Looks like either the time or place is not good for a lot of people considering the response to this thread.

Maybe there will be another deaf social event coming up. Or maybe we could just decide to meet at a NY City street fair. There are still a few fairs coming up even though its fall.

Here's a list for Manhattan:

SCHEDULE New York City Street Fairs and Festivals

A lot of them are on Sunday, one's on Colombus Day.

I still plan on going to the expo this Saturday morning though, assuming that I don't oversleep! :lol:

Looks like either the time or place is not good for a lot of people considering the response to this thread.

Maybe there will be another deaf social event coming up. Or maybe we could just decide to meet at a NY City street fair. There are still a few fairs coming up even though its fall.

Here's a list for Manhattan:

SCHEDULE New York City Street Fairs and Festivals

A lot of them are on Sunday, one's on Colombus Day.

I still plan on going to the expo this Saturday morning though, assuming that I don't oversleep! :lol:

it'll still be there till 5pm and then afterward - they're gonna flock to South Seaport. You won't miss much anyway.

it'll still be there till 5pm and then afterward - they're gonna flock to South Seaport. You won't miss much anyway.

The top floor of the mall where the fast food restaurants and bars are? If I can I'll try to swing by after I finish visiting with a friend and her kids.

The top floor of the mall where the fast food restaurants and bars are? If I can I'll try to swing by after I finish visiting with a friend and her kids.

no idea but you can't miss it cuz I'm pretty sure it's easy to spot a deaf crowd :lol:

but bunch of us have different plans for that evening. some will go to South Seaport. Some will stay in Flushing. Some will do whatever.

Wirelessly posted

I'm working... That means if you figure out which one I am, feel free to say hello.

Last edited:
Also there's a "rumor" that about 6000 people signed up for the free admission already. It's just a "rumor." You know how the deaf community is...

Also there's a "rumor" that about 6000 people signed up for the free admission already. It's just a "rumor." You know how the deaf community is...

At any rate, that figure sounds about right.....

Then I better have more coworkers go with me... :shock:

That number was pretty consistent up until a couple years ago but now what with the current economy, who knows.....sounds like you haven't ever been to one....I can imagine/sense as a "hearie" your reticence about going. Hope you have fun; sorry I'm not closer to give assistance.

That number was pretty consistent up until a couple years ago but now what with the current economy, who knows.....sounds like you haven't ever been to one....I can imagine/sense as a "hearie" your reticence about going. Hope you have fun; sorry I'm not closer to give assistance.

I have worked at plenty DeafNation shows already, just not in big cities except for Las Vegas. :P

Back