DeafNation Expo-Austin, TX (4/16/2011)

I have traveled to 37 states, and Texas is not one of them. I have purchased flight ticket to Austin, TX on April 16th, and I was wondering if any one of you ADers are going to DeafNation? Maybe we should set up the AD meet up?

Don't forget to register it for FREE only if you plan to attend DeafNationExpo in Austin.

Austin, TX

See you there. :)
Make sure, you take the photo of me being sexy.

PM me if anyone needs to find the hotel near Expo or entertainments like bars, downtown or museums. The city of Austin is like back of my hand. So, PM me if you like to. :ty:

LOL.. its like the back OF MY HAND :p

:bump:

11 days left to go. Anyone else going? :D

For those who will be going
There will be an ASL Social from 6pm till 9pm Saturday 16th at

Manor Texas Cafe 290
11011 Highway 290 East
Manor, Tx. 78653

Just outside Austin...no car?...any Deaf will give you a ride...Texans are helpfull and friendly.

For those who will be going
There will be an ASL Social from 6pm till 9pm Saturday 16th at

Manor Texas Cafe 290
11011 Highway 290 East
Manor, Tx. 78653

Just outside Austin...no car?...any Deaf will give you a ride...Texans are helpfull and friendly.

Shoot! There will be Russian DEAF show on later that day, which I can't miss. Next time. :)

I would like to go but can't make it. Don't have the money for that.

Shoot! There will be Russian DEAF show on later that day, which I can't miss. Next time. :)

You gotta eat sometime.....come have some great Texas B-B-Q....we do B-B-Q right! None of that K.C., MEMPHIS, ST. LOUIS, N.C. slop.

You can go to Chicago for DeafNation on first weekend of Nov. your home state to there, isn't that bad.

Can ride MegaBus from Des Moines or Iowa City to Chicago that s cheaper price, sequoias

i was honestly shocked at how packed it was.. are there a lot of deaf peeps hiding in austin or were most people visitors to austin?

i was honestly shocked at how packed it was.. are there a lot of deaf peeps hiding in austin or were most people visitors to austin?

Actually, it wasn't easy to do the ads or spread news to everybody. I met several who wasn't aware of DeafNation for past year. Some don't interact with deaf people until change their heart.

Actually, it wasn't easy to do the ads or spread news to everybody. I met several who wasn't aware of DeafNation for past year. Some don't interact with deaf people until change their heart.

Same. When I attended socials, several of the deaf people I spoke with weren't aware of the Expo. Sadly, not that many of them could make it..

I myself had a very nice time :)

Back