Deaf World Problems

fulminty

Reaction score
Inspired by/modeled after that "First World Problems" meme, I thought Deaf World Problems could be a laugh.

Random First World example: Just bought my favorite $6 soda at the movies and the cup doesn't fit in the cup holder.

My Deaf World example: Discovering at 3AM that your car's panic alarm is wailing and flashing and wondering how long ago you set it off. #sorryneighbors

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

My Deaf World Problem: I cannot find a better deaf dating website that have local, but in 100 miles only came up no bigger than 10 members resulted.

Trying 15 different alarms (including light up and freaking loud beeps) before realizing you need a vibration alarm...
That was back when I actually had a moderate loss... Lol

... realizing you need a vibration alarm...

OMG!!! :lol: Thought I was the only one! I can remember years ago sleeping through an alarm that was full blast and woke the whole house up . . . oops

I've learned to charge my cell and put it under my pillow now. :giggle: I wont wake up for a text but the vibration of a call or alarm I will.

OMG!!! :lol: Thought I was the only one! I can remember years ago sleeping through an alarm that was full blast and woke the whole house up . . . oops

I've learned to charge my cell and put it under my pillow now. :giggle: I wont wake up for a text but the vibration of a call or alarm I will.

Nice to see you! :lol: Yes, me and my sister were sharing a room back then... She would just get off, turn it off, wake me up, and say after I had wrestled my HA's in, "Oink... The alarm didn't work again..." :lol:

Deaf world problem: Not knowing when she/he have HA or CI on...

Me: Honey!!.....Huuuunnneeey!! HAAAANEY!!!! (walk over and tapped on the shoulder)

Her: What hon?

Now I know she doesn't have HA or CI on....groan

I have one that just happened again yesterday: every time someone uses the word hassle, you read their lips as if they've just called you an ass hole :jaw: :giggle:

I have low hearing loss, but I have slept thru alarms before. Kinda made me wonder if my hearing loss became more developed.

I've always been able to find plenty of deafies in my area (perhaps because I live in London, UK) so I guess I'm lucky in that respect.

Also, regarding, alarms... realising that your vibrating alarm has slipped onto the bed frame and it's now making a noise loud enough to wake up the entire house.

Missing a quiet comment and realising that they're not going to repeat it because you're being mocked.

Inspired by/modeled after that "First World Problems" meme, I thought Deaf World Problems could be a laugh.

Random First World example: Just bought my favorite $6 soda at the movies and the cup doesn't fit in the cup holder.

My Deaf World example: Discovering at 3AM that your car's panic alarm is wailing and flashing and wondering how long ago you set it off. #sorryneighbors

LMFAO! That gave me a good laugh for the night... <3:laugh2:

New one- that weird feeling when you've produced so much wax that there is no making your ear mold comfortable in your ear.

One of your hearing aid battery dies... makes the annoying beeping sound saying "CHANGE THE BATTERRrrryyy!"

Or to those who have had FM System:
When your teacher leaves the room and you can overhear what they're saying through the FM system and it wasn't a pleasant sound... or they go to the bathroom with the FM on.

That has happened to me a few times. Poor teacher when they realized they had it on the whole entire time....

Deaf world problem: I told the nice lady I couldn't hear her, and I need an ASL interpreter for communication. She then proceeded to ask me if I can read lips and continued to talk to me as if I said nothing.

Someone saying "Oh, are you deaf? You don't look deaf!" on noticing my HA's, then proceeding to TALK VERY SLOWLY AND LOUDLY for the rest of the conversation.

After confirming the dvd you are about to rent is closed captioned you take it home only to realize your dvd player only supports subtitles.

I was feeding the crows and they started to wait in front of my house cawing for me at 5:30 AM to feed them! My neighbor told this was waking her up every morning and I was sleeping right through all the caw , caw, caw!

When I get phone call, miss it because I couldn't hear the ringing (Even though it's on full volume and vibration) and the person leaves voicemail... how did I get "Traci" when her name was Denise?

Basically what I'm trying to say:
When people leave voicemails or calls me I have to have it on speaker or ask my friends/family to repeat the message.

Back