Deaf wannabe!!!!!!!!!!!! So bad

MINILEE

Reaction score
besides the internet and other things that I have stumbled upon.....
some people disgust me not knowing that they are going to get caught soon.
i ran into someone who wants to be deaf is playing this game and is finally getting into more test spending thier money for nothing. its pretty sick. i hope they get help soon. once you say that you are deaf you are deaf even if you are not until you get caught yoy come out with unusual test results and such. this person even tried to get a CI and knew that would make them lose their hearing they exxagerate most of the time if they did have a lost i think it would be mild a little knowledge is good but if you keep this game up then you are stuck
I know for a fact he/she is faking and i feel horrible because they will be found out on day. Should I back away or save him or her now!!!!:eek3:

if they love deafness that much why didnt they become a doctor or an TERP or something like that....I mean really???? some one explain this to me please

Well, some people don't understand. Not everybody would think the same way.

Yes, I met CODA wannabe! Yes, I am serious on that one and I was wondering why this person want to be CODA.

Everybody has their wannabes, some know how to let go if they can't get what they want for while other just plain stubborn as donkey won't give up.

maybe because they are very visual?

I don't have a problem with it. But they really should appreciate who they are.

maybe because they are very visual?

I don't have a problem with it. But they really should appreciate who they are.

exaclty thats what i thought because there are some deaf wishing they were them. i think it's plain pathetic and i wish the best for this person but what happiness do you get out of this i mean really? i think thats what im wanting to know and if they notice they cant wake up one day and say(oh im tired of being deaf) ya know **tear**

Well, some people don't understand. Not everybody would think the same way.

Yes, I met CODA wannabe! Yes, I am serious on that one and I was wondering why this person want to be CODA.

Everybody has their wannabes, some know how to let go if they can't get what they want for while other just plain stubborn as donkey won't give up.

i can see them being a CODA but I honestly think this person has many deaf friends or is obsessed IDK really...with a CODA they are into the culture because of parents and I can kind of see that but with this person NO!

exaclty thats what i thought because there are some deaf wishing they were them. i think it's plain pathetic and i wish the best for this person but what happiness do you get out of this i mean really? i think thats what im wanting to know and if they notice they cant wake up one day and say(oh im tired of being deaf) ya know **tear**

I never get tired of being deaf. Maybe a hearing person would though.

I never get tired of being deaf. Maybe a hearing person would though.

i see what you mean i was saying they would realize what a dumb choice they made and finally say i want to be hearing today lol thats wat i meant

We had a very long thread about this topic a couple of years ago. These people actually have a form of mental illness.

:eek3:ohh ok but this is the first time i actually came close to one how scary it's like you dont belive it until you actually meet one they think they can trick people but no so much !

I find it offensive if someone who is hearing and act as deaf. As if we act that way, if you get what I'm saying. I don't ever try to act like a deaf. I'm just deaf.

Last edited:
We had a very long thread about this topic a couple of years ago. These people actually have a form of mental illness.

I find it offensive if someone who is hearing and act as deaf. As if we act that way, if you get what I'm saying. I don't ever try to act like a deaf. I'm just deaf.

See Jillio's post above yours. It shouldn't offend you. They are sick.

Hmmmm. Gets me to thinking.

I love myself the way I am and I would not "want" to be deaf, but on the other hand it wouldn't bother me all that much if I lost my hearing -- Probably because the people I love the most all know how to sign anyway.

I also love my mother just the way she was -- And she never had a communication barrier with anyone, any language, hearing or D/deaf -- Even though the only language she ever spoke was English. She made friends with and got along with everybody.

On the other hand I really love ASL and think it would be great to grow up in a household where it was used on a regular basis.

I first learned "how to talk with my hands' from a CODA and his family, but then we had to move and it was years before I met someone else who signed -- By then I wasn't so good any more.

No, don't want to be Deaf, but sure would like to have the signing skills of a CODA.

language of ASL is fine AND not worrying about becoming deaf is fine too. But pretending you can't hear when you can is not. I know it is a mental illness but it still irk me that they would view us in certain way when they try to act deaf.

language of ASL is fine AND not worrying about becoming deaf is fine too. But pretending you can't hear when you can is not. I know it is a mental illness but it still irk me that they would view us in certain way when they try to act deaf.

i 100 PRECENT AGREE

Hmmmm. Gets me to thinking.

I love myself the way I am and I would not "want" to be deaf, but on the other hand it wouldn't bother me all that much if I lost my hearing -- Probably because the people I love the most all know how to sign anyway.

I also love my mother just the way she was -- And she never had a communication barrier with anyone, any language, hearing or D/deaf -- Even though the only language she ever spoke was English. She made friends with and got along with everybody.

On the other hand I really love ASL and think it would be great to grow up in a household where it was used on a regular basis.

I first learned "how to talk with my hands' from a CODA and his family, but then we had to move and it was years before I met someone else who signed -- By then I wasn't so good any more.

No, don't want to be Deaf, but sure would like to have the signing skills of a CODA.

thanks for you input i see your point

See Jillio's post above yours. It shouldn't offend you. They are sick.

yuppp i agree they are sick but they dont see that they cant do things like this are there any meds for them? i mean someone has to help i really want to help but its like i dont know how to i would love to be hearing 100%

yuppp i agree they are sick but they dont see that they cant do things like this are there any meds for them? i mean someone has to help i really want to help but its like i dont know how to i would love to be hearing 100%

I don't really know if there is medicine for that. Maybe Jillio will come back and tell us.

It is easy, maybe too easy, to say these people are sick, but maybe somehow they are "born wrong." It is believed nowadays that some men were born to be women but something genetic happened and they were born men, and vice versa.

I've met white people who wanted to be black and black people who disrespected other black people just as badly as racist whites. It seems pretty common nowadays for people to say "I am Indian" or "Native American" when you can look at them and know the best they can hope for is to be another halfbreed like me.

I've met others who wanted to be anything, just so long as they fit in somewhere.

One of my daughters dated a Brit who hates everything British and loves everything American. And I'm asking "What can possibly be so wrong with the British as all that? And as a Loyal American I can say, "We sure aren't a perfect bunch."

Maybe if you hate your own enough the other side no longer has good points, or even looks better -- Maybe it suddenly starts looking perfect.

. this person even tried to get a CI and knew that would make them lose their hearing

. Should I back away or save him or her now!!!!:eek3:

if they love deafness that much why didnt they become a doctor or an TERP or something like that....I mean really???? some one explain this to me please

seriously?? a hearing person asking to get a CI confuses the hell out of me. they have all kinds of problems, infections and needing to be "re adjusted" and whatnot.. blah no ty.

i would suggest talking to them and explaining how maybe they should become an interp instead of purposely destroying their hearing. maybe what they are wanting is community. I can't fully understand the situation because i dont know the person, but maybe they have this
---> Auditory processing disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and just don't fully understand the difference?
IDK. that seems really strange to me. when i started taking ASL and learned the "symptoms" and struggles of ppl growing up HOH it terrified me at first. I'm not scared anymore, am waiting for my audiologist appointment. still kinda nervous about it, but i couldnt imagine being so in need of connection to consider getting an invasive surgery. that's just scary :/

Back