Deaf Values

safe?

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

you misunderstand we are tried waste of time tell you!

we are give up because you seem behavior annoy on member

Don't be posts anytime! instead on defend, we defend to protect forum! issues

Don't be play games and images think !

I tried often seems on your!

you reason not attention!

Don't be annoy people! :cool2:

you promise or your broken promise not respectful something! I will not happy because your last time posts again !

I know when I tried to play with kids at school (a hearing school) there was almost non-stop communication between the other kids: about rules, correcting a kid doing something "wrong", asking another kid if so-and-so wanted to play, about what they watched or did last night, etc etc. That's how the "hearing play" that I experienced was different from my "home play". When I mentioned that I studied developmental psychology, anyone who has read my previous posts would know I majored in psychology in college. In college, I learned the importance of play not only with human children, but also with animals learning the skills they need to survive and thrive as adults. If your question (which left me a little confused) was refering to how can someone study developmental psychology as a child when playing with their siblings, I wasn't saying that. I was a smart kid, but not a child prodigy. If your question was refering to how can developmental psychology learn anything from sibling play, the same as anything else: observation. If your question is refering to the importance of play, play mimics what children see adults doing. For example, playing house a child can mimic and learn social skills. A child playing with a doll can learn empathy. etc etc. Hope that answer your question.

one of the best post , i seen in a long while, cheers for that

I do value sign language and communication supportive communication worth communication access education reason help better support value deaf!

I value so many things about being deaf. I won't list them all here because many have been said, and so many others that apply to just me. Every now and then I think, "I wish I could hear". But, in reality, this is the life I've always known (deaf since birth) and value it for just exactly what it is.

I valued for me to trying to speak up to my high school when I needed to learn ASL and to have ASL interpreters in the hearing classrooms. I really am very glad that I valued finding the ASL class at the Lutheran Deaf church after high school and opened the doors to communicate. I love it very much. This should be my first primary ASL, but some people took away my first sign language so that I could not communicate with anyone. They expected me to talk. :ugh:

Now I value more to communicate with the Deaf communities wherever I had lived in the United States and here in Canada. They have helped and still help me knowing that I am a Deaf person first. I hate some hearing people trying to talk me down and trying to control me. They want me to be hearing. Uh uh, no way. :nono:
Again :ugh:

I valued a lot of things about myself as a deaf person. But i'll list a few.

-I value standing up for myself; when people were calling me names and just being plain rude or mean to me.

-I value a lot in sign language; based off in communication in classrooms and outside of school, in band practices and outside of band practices.

-I value my family; whose always there for me and has always supported me and my deafness.

-I value deaf awareness; so people know how to act the right way around me instead of just well you know how hearing people act sometimes.

-I value on using my eyes; ever since I became deaf at 3, I relied on my eyes a lot more for lip-reading, driving, signing, playing music, etc.

-I value my best friends; because they stood by me through thick and thin, not alot of people have bothered to get to know me. I have very few friends that would text to talk to me.

-I value on my cellphone; texting- for communication (sounds silly I know but its really handy for me, especially when i have such a busy schedule)

:ty: Sunny and Beclak,

ok - Deaf values:

ASL or a sign language, including creative use of the language; storytelling;

body language;

passing on culture through generations;

Deaf pride, being part of the community;

even if you're still learning it - respect for sign language as intrinsic;

wholeness of a person;

Deaf leadership

value education and communication asl and support supportive language! important to value deaf cooperation servers, supportive on deaf cooperation because best effort, I think so might to issues improve communication understand and acceses education school deaf counsiller :)

Back