Deaf Values

Just say, "Thank you, mother" and go on about your business. We have come to expect this condescending attitude from this particular poster.

Notice that she only came into correct a Deaf poster; not to post anything about her Deaf values. The same with drphil. He has no Deaf values as he is not a member of Deaf culture, by his own admission. BeachGal has no Deaf values. She has already stated that she is late deafened HOH with no affiliation to Deaf culture. See the pattern? A consistent attempt to make themselves feel superior to the Deaf by negating and correcting. It is a personality flaw. Just acknowledge it for what it is, and continue on with your business.:wave:

yup , i see that alot and it pisses me off, not only me, other members at the deaf club will say the same!

best advice they need is,
DUMP hearing values and start Learning what IS Deaf value , how? starting listening to Deaf people and this takes a Different Kind of listening, its called being humble and respectful to the mores and lores of Deaf Culture. To forget Hearing culture, its not a sign of weakness but one of integrity..

yes, predictable, because we know all too well about hearie-wannabes, its so old, i seen it all my life from right back when i was only 5 years old..

Just say, "Thank you, mother" and go on about your business. We have come to expect this condescending attitude from this particular poster.

Notice that she only came into correct a Deaf poster; not to post anything about her Deaf values. The same with drphil. He has no Deaf values as he is not a member of Deaf culture, by his own admission. BeachGal has no Deaf values. She has already stated that she is late deafened HOH with no affiliation to Deaf culture. See the pattern? A consistent attempt to make themselves feel superior to the Deaf by negating and correcting. It is a personality flaw. Just acknowledge it for what it is, and continue on with your business.:wave:

Thanks Jillio! Oops, where did you go?

I value having full access to communication, information, and language and the only language that does that is sign language so it is a very very important part of my life.

The reason for this is because I grew up being isolated from my environment.

The complexity of "hearing values" fully known at 5 years old? Does that include "deaf values" as well? Who was the "teacher"?

Are there "deaf wannabes" as well?

Don't recall what I was thinking at 5 yeas old- quite a few years ago.Don't have sufficient funds for psycho analysis for that time in my life re: potential for becoming DEAF.

As for the proposition of "listening" to deaf/Deaf/DEAF persons to learn from "them" while DEAF-interesting. Presumably not literally?

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

The complexity of "hearing values" fully known at 5 years old? Does that include "deaf values" as well? Who was the "teacher"?

Are there "deaf wannabes" as well?

Don't recall what I was thinking at 5 yeas old- quite a few years ago.Don't have sufficient funds for psycho analysis for that time in my life re: potential for becoming DEAF.

As for the proposition of "listening" to deaf/Deaf/DEAF persons to learn from "them" while DEAF-interesting. Presumably not literally?

its called intuition and experience. Ofc 5 year olds dont know what hearing culture is per see, not even hearing (they assumed to fit in anyway as they can hear duh) think about it, it's more to do with knowing that im different i can't hear and i knew why im wearing the big box on my chest (hearing aid), and i knew how to sign with other classmate in the deaf unit even so none of us were taught to sign nor allowed but we SIGNED!.. try explain that, you can't! again its call intuition, Deaf people have real intution. For fucks sake Dphil -how are we supposed to think we're not Deaf or that seeing hearing childern talk so fast yelling playing games in the school yard and deaf childern automatically Knew we could do the same but with hands and eyes, its all down to we knew instinctively that's how we communicated naturally - not everything is to be taken literally and stop being so silly, as usual.

and no, we 'didnt want to be 'Deaf" that idea at the time didnt even exist...we naturally are Deaf, the "capital D" is to do with culturally deafness (yes that somehow existed - but politically Deaf , no we were in the dark), for goodness sake, leave the history, or high philosophy to those qualifed to study it.

Although I grew up with HAs and no ASL, I valued that I could still be a child AND be deaf. When playing with my two older brothers and twin sister (we always all played together), we didn't have to communicate with spoken words, we just played. And anyone out there who has studied developmental psychology like I did (as well as some who didn't) knows that play is a very important part of learning and growing up to be a well-adjusted adult.

I am sure one can play with their siblings without a great of speaking/hearing-done all the time. However how does one learn to study :developmental psychology from sibling play? I grew up with 2 brothers and 2 sisters- don't recall much study of anything.Deficient memory/different times?

Footnote: started to use my hearing aid in the my late twenties.

its called intuition and experience. Ofc 5 year olds dont know what hearing culture is per see, not even hearing (they assumed to fit in anyway as they can hear duh) think about it, it's more to do with knowing that im different i can't hear and i knew why im wearing the big box on my chest (hearing aid), and i knew how to sign with other classmate in the deaf unit even so none of us were taught to sign nor allowed but we SIGNED!.. try explain that, you can't! again its call intuition, Deaf people have real intution. For fucks sake Dphil -how are we supposed to think we're not Deaf or that seeing hearing childern talk so fast yelling playing games in the school yard and deaf childern automatically Knew we could do the same but with hands and eyes, its all down to we knew instinctively that's how we communicated naturally - not everything is to be taken literally and stop being so silly, as usual.

and no, we 'didnt want to be 'Deaf" that idea at the time didnt even exist...we naturally are Deaf, the "capital D" is to do with culturally deafness (yes that somehow existed - but politically Deaf , no we were in the dark), for goodness sake, leave the history, or high philosophy to those qualifed to study it.
he seems control ego and play games pretend story serious I knew! he is not attention serious I know his is trouble issues serious! I know!

quality reason implentation!! I believe it he is annoy!

Extensive experience/intuition accumulated by 5 years old? How would interpret "signs" if unknown- which sign means what?

I understand it takes a few years for most people's brain to develop-speeded service for some?

Extensive experience/intuition accumulated by 5 years old? How would interpret "signs" if unknown- which sign means what?

I understand it takes a few years for most people's brain to develop-speeded service for some?

drphil, now you are really getting me annoyed (which says a lot!). Your 'sense of humour' , if you could call it that, is just not funny any more. I ask you kindly to please leave my thread since you do not have anything constructive to contribute. Please do not force me to report you. I have not reported anyone to date, do not make me have you as the first.

Sorry Beclak: "misunderstood the stated purpose of threads re: comments from one's experience/reading/ life".

why dont you just avoid Deaf subjects because its a utter waste of time, since you Never understand any of it, AND worse, you REFUSE to understand it you inanimated cactus

drphil, you're not safe person around here, not safe for other AD members because you are insensitive, obnoxious and plain disrespectful. Under those terms you should have been banned indefinitely a long time ago.

drphil, you're not safe person around here, not safe for other AD members because you are insensitive, obnoxious and plain disrespectful. Under those terms you should have been banned indefinitely a long time ago.

I agree you!!!!!!!!

he is very stubborn always resist listen
he is very silly pretend always stubborn!

Although I grew up with HAs and no ASL, I valued that I could still be a child AND be deaf. When playing with my two older brothers and twin sister (we always all played together), we didn't have to communicate with spoken words, we just played. And anyone out there who has studied developmental psychology like I did (as well as some who didn't) knows that play is a very important part of learning and growing up to be a well-adjusted adult.

I am sure one can play with their siblings without a great of speaking/hearing-done all the time. However how does one learn to study :developmental psychology from sibling play? I grew up with 2 brothers and 2 sisters- don't recall much study of anything.Deficient memory/different times?

I know when I tried to play with kids at school (a hearing school) there was almost non-stop communication between the other kids: about rules, correcting a kid doing something "wrong", asking another kid if so-and-so wanted to play, about what they watched or did last night, etc etc. That's how the "hearing play" that I experienced was different from my "home play". When I mentioned that I studied developmental psychology, anyone who has read my previous posts would know I majored in psychology in college. In college, I learned the importance of play not only with human children, but also with animals learning the skills they need to survive and thrive as adults. If your question (which left me a little confused) was refering to how can someone study developmental psychology as a child when playing with their siblings, I wasn't saying that. I was a smart kid, but not a child prodigy. If your question was refering to how can developmental psychology learn anything from sibling play, the same as anything else: observation. If your question is refering to the importance of play, play mimics what children see adults doing. For example, playing house a child can mimic and learn social skills. A child playing with a doll can learn empathy. etc etc. Hope that answer your question.

Back