Deaf Values

Bottesini: Bring your herd of hounds to help and request a 6 hour tea/coffee break.
Good luck!

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

I called dibs on her, scram!

deaf values is like, I wanna be Deaf i dont wanna be hearing, simple. you can make is simple as as complicated as you want, the point thing is up to you, the bottom line is how you FEEL about it, NOT what you THINK about it. Do i Feel im Hearing? NO FUCKING WAY. so from that I know im Deaf.

deaf values is like, I wanna be Deaf i dont wanna be hearing, simple. you can make is simple as as complicated as you want, the point thing is up to you, the bottom line is how you FEEL about it, NOT what you THINK about it. Do i Feel im Hearing? NO xxxxxxxx WAY. so from that I know im Deaf.

Simply but well said, Grummer :ty:

Really you higher on authority :lol: j/k I ask my father authority recommand you j/k :lol:

:wave: Bott has my vote :P , oh Wizard of AllDeaf! Show of hands everyone? Not discounting you of course Banjo and smithtr :giggle:

I serve a higher authority.

No authority here, i have No authority to answer back to.
i make my own rules for my own life, just as arrogant hearies makes their own, they have NO right to decide mine, nor the churches (sorry to some of you folks) even so I am studying death and dying and see/read ALOT of NDE, etc etc I still an Atheist. We only believe what we wnat to believed even if alot of that is culturally determined...
the good thing about death and dying is i am coming away with far ore appreciation of life, and our history and understanding how other churches/followers came to be, oddly they have more of my respect now then before and yet I still believe its all done for control which is an extremely oversimplified reckoning, same goes for Deaf Culture we can get simple or complex as we want. Dr Phil stop being an ass, even 'so-called' cultural evolution of Deaf culture 'lagged' it didnt mean it never existed for long enough, it existed in the ROYAL Courts in Persia, Turkey, and even in Jesus's time in villages only that bible writers decided it not relevent...often because it undermines their own religious underscores.
Hell, even in middle ages, something like 95% of the population were ILLITERATES...so in effect, this can give impression that popular culture of that time were observed (as of in the present when neophytes study history) people were described as brutal barbarians with little or no conception of civil conducts. Grow up DP stop being an ass.

No authority here, i have No authority to answer back to.
i make my own rules for my own life, just as arrogant hearies makes their own, they have NO right to decide mine, nor the churches (sorry to some of you folks) even so I am studying death and dying and see/read ALOT of NDE, etc etc I still an Atheist. We only believe what we wnat to believed even if alot of that is culturally determined...
the good thing about death and dying is i am coming away with far ore appreciation of life, and our history and understanding how other churches/followers came to be, oddly they have more of my respect now then before and yet I still believe its all done for control which is an extremely oversimplified reckoning, same goes for Deaf Culture we can get simple or complex as we want. Dr Phil stop being an ass, even 'so-called' cultural evolution of Deaf culture 'lagged' it didnt mean it never existed for long enough, it existed in the ROYAL Courts in Persia, Turkey, and even in Jesus's time in villages only that bible writers decided it not relevent...often because it undermines their own religious underscores.
Hell, even in middle ages, something like 95% of the population were ILLITERATES...so in effect, this can give impression that popular culture of that time were observed (as of in the present when neophytes study history) people were described as brutal barbarians with little or no conception of civil conducts. Grow up DP stop being an ass.

The higher authority part was in jest I am certain, that is why I joined in with the joke. However, on a more serious note.....putting our personal religious convictions (or not) aside....Deaf Values are no laughing matter and which many of us share a common bond. Agreed?

I still consider my deafness-silence- as more than a "self described feeling". I don't perceive hearing as a feeling either.
Transferring one's theological/philosophical thinking to "deaf values" is a personal choice which appears a "bit unusual". Minor problem: why hasn't the deaf/Deaf/DEAF done this in the past? Any books etc around this was done 300 years ago? Does such a "transfer"apply to "hearing values"?
Is this a discussion in values now -excluding one's philosophical/theological thinking?

There should not be silence in deafness. When I join in a jamming session in a studio, I am asked where the sounds I feel come from. I just grin and snap my fingers.

I am not arguing with anyone re silence. Experience it every time I disconnect my Implant. My auditory memory can supply "noise" I have tested disconnecting my Implant at dances-again silence. I have commented before: deaf swimming>

I still interpret silence as deafness.

Sounds are just vibrations. if you amplify the sounds you should be able to feel it. The base is easiest to feel. The ear is just super sensitive to sounds and can separate all the frequencies. Your CI will do this part for you and stimulate the nerve endings giving you a sensation of sounds. yes, without the CI, you cannont "hear" but you should still "feel" loud music.

To date- 4 years now-I don't "feel" sound- music whatever. I don't expect this situation will change.

It doesn't change if anyone/some else does-"feel music". I don't!

I had exactly the " apparent problem" when I tried to "hear people speaking on a regular phone" using my Implant. Just hear the dial tone. Supposedly some persons with Implant can use their. I can't. I still use my VCO TTY ( Ultra Tech 1140) to this day.

Human variability?

To date- 4 years now-I don't "feel" sound- music whatever. I don't expect this situation will change.

I had exactly the " apparent problem" when I tried to "hear people speaking on a regular phone" using my Implant. Just hear the dial tone. Supposedly some persons with Implant can use their. I can't. I still use my VCO TTY ( Ultra Tech 1140) to this day.

Human variability?

Dude, all this time you have been bragging over your implant that doesn't work???? Jeez.

Beowulf: My Cochlear Implant does work-so far. I noted above- not on a regular telephone.

I have mentioned this fact many times-here: AllDeaf.com

I do apologize, I was only teasing. I didn't think he would take offense.

Just say, "Thank you, mother" and go on about your business. We have come to expect this condescending attitude from this particular poster.

Notice that she only came into correct a Deaf poster; not to post anything about her Deaf values. The same with drphil. He has no Deaf values as he is not a member of Deaf culture, by his own admission. BeachGal has no Deaf values. She has already stated that she is late deafened HOH with no affiliation to Deaf culture. See the pattern? A consistent attempt to make themselves feel superior to the Deaf by negating and correcting. It is a personality flaw. Just acknowledge it for what it is, and continue on with your business.:wave:

Human variability?

Wow! You really don't have many coping skills, do you? So out of touch with natural adaptation and what is going on with your own brain and nervous system.

Dude, all this time you have been bragging over your implant that doesn't work???? Jeez.

Another one of those that brags about how much hearing they have with their implant, but still needs accommodations.

So.....this thread is about the Deaf values you find important. Which ones would those be, Beach Gal and drphil?

Back