"Deaf TV"

Lia Bella

Reaction score
hey everyone. i am told that tv show should have a new channel is called "Deaf TV". i would love to talk to the president obama and tell him about that which is important because USA have a lot of deaf people and we want to watch deaf tv like deaf sports, deaf music, deaf movies, deaf news, and more. i thought that would be nice if they put it on tv. it would mean alot to me.

do you agree with me? if yes, then i think what we can do.. vote it and go to the presidents white house or something if you know what we can do.

thanks

Deaf are a small minority. It would have to be a subcription cable channel. It probably can't get enough advertisers because the viewership as percent of population would be low.

There used to be a Deaf-run TV network called something like Silent TV though they folded years ago. I remember trying to get the cable provider to get the channel for my area. It would be nice to have one in place again.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I know it is wishful thinking of having a Deaf TV. Maybe someday we will have one if not the same title "Deaf TV" but simliar like you mention about many events that Deaf and Hard of Hearing people can participate in the Deaf news. Just try using the prayer and have faith that we will have Deaf Program for all of us. :fingersx:

I hope you have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around. :wave:

I think it would be nice to have that, otherwise the population base is too small to offer that for the national audience, though. Welcome to Alldeaf!

deaf tv

Its a nice idea deaf tv// But wish there were more family shows like switched at birth.. its good clean and we can learn signs and watch the program.. I am learning more and more signs everyday.. videos are the best.. and I go to asl Bill Vicares he is a great teacher.. and free.

Presumably one can read Closed Captioning if ASL et al is not utilized-in the meantime.

hey everyone. i am told that tv show should have a new channel is called "Deaf TV". i would love to talk to the president obama and tell him about that which is important because USA have a lot of deaf people and we want to watch deaf tv like deaf sports, deaf music, deaf movies, deaf news, and more. i thought that would be nice if they put it on tv. it would mean alot to me.

do you agree with me? if yes, then i think what we can do.. vote it and go to the presidents white house or something if you know what we can do.

thanks

Don't need cable when you have the net. There must be millions of deaf people in the world. Problem is the sign is not standardized. A language is more or less standardized, that's why anyone who understands English can post in forums like this. If this forum was in Sign how many versions would we need :P

Secondly deaf people don't got the time to watch TV. Got to work harder than hearies because of discrimination etc. and also to prove a point (can't lose to them lol) so I guess there wouldn't be much of a demand for it :)

You would have a better chance of pushing that through the Public Broadcasting Station than the President. Something like this would start out as a show rather than an entire channel.

Worth pondering-how much has changed in the 4 years since the discussion began in this thread?

If there is an all deaf channel, I hope they cover some deaf people that like high performance cars and turbocharged tractors. Not only that, but those that has made impact in life---such as bankers, authors, athletes, etc. Please no programs on those that has been jailed for rape charges, etc.

Back