Deaf superiority?

Lukin

Reaction score
I have often disagree with this ideology.

For instance... some of you guys might capitalize "deaf" into "Deaf" or maybe even "DEAF".

But i dont think that's a good idea, as it puts a bad reputation for our people. What is so superior about us in the first place anyway. This is the main reason why I didn't go to Gallaudet with their blitzkrieg-fast signing speed (I could barely comprehend most of the time back in the days).

So I attended RIT, where deaf culture is generally more secular and non-biased.

Just saying... :barf:

its easier for me to say, Deaf so some of you would know that I am very involved with Deaf culture, Deaf friends, Deaf events Deaf and kind of many deaf events. LIke this morning we all will meet to deaf skiing today. Its mixed deaf, Deaf, hoh and hearing people to get together but we sign, asl user. :)

I attended to Gally where I can sign at 24/7. I do not have to deal with other methods, but ASL. :dunno2:

If some of you who can speak fluently, then its your call to pick other college.

I'm DEAF and Superior! I love the TOTAL silence with my hearing aid off.
It's a NOISY world out there. I only use my hearing aid if I need to talk to someone.
I'm 60 and been 95% Deaf since two years old. :D

I refer myself as Deaf but dont consider myself as superior.

Guessing I'm deaf...Deaf.....def....deafie....and hopefully not "death"....for the record, I can't remmy if I'm deaf or Deaf....but don't see a big deal out of it anyway...as far as being superior....:giggle:....but in my home, it's my way...or the highway....

Guessing I'm deaf...Deaf.....def....deafie....and hopefully not "death"....for the record, I can't remmy if I'm deaf or Deaf....but don't see a big deal out of it anyway...as far as being superior....:giggle:....but in my home, it's my way...or the highway....

rr, I think you are deaF - with a big 'F' for fiesty! ;-)

I am usually "Deaf" at the beginning of a sentence and "deaf" the rest of the time.

im deafer than hearing, so therefore im Deaf, but im not those smart ass deafies who'd pick on other deafs, id be freindsssss....and want to be life-long freinds with many because we all only have one shot at life, and at that, one shot to experience the hyped-up fantasy of the ideals of what is Deaf life, but to make is happen, make it real ,you dont need to be Deaf and be so anal retentive about it, and I also liken see if some deafs would slow down signing abit, because to me, its not 'not fair' its really showing off and clearly 'acting superior' no need to do that on our own kinds, we already suffered enough in the hearing world, I want to see More tolerance, and yet more strength of Deaf culture to go pass -sign-obession, or deaf history obsession. I have No time for audism, AND no time for Deafism either. Easy siad than done, to start thinking we're all equal, a good way to do this, its to start looking at what people are interested in , and talk about THAT- and away from the attitudes in the likes of "you can 't sign fast enough" (and walking away) that's just MEAN...

I've met you many times after a night of drinking.....I'm glad it is just a visit. :)

I brought up "death" cuz I cannot count the number of times I've encountered hearing people who pronounce deaf this way.....:lol:

The primary difference between "deaf" and "Deaf" is culture. You can be medically deaf, and/or you can be socially Deaf. It doesn't make one superior over the other.

What about alot of black people calling themselves "Black"? No difference!

Back