Deaf schools or mainstream?

mainstreamed in the mornings with 4 courses and then off to the deaf school for three courses in the afternoons and for sportssss/after school activities

Originally posted by ideafspy
Myself with whole life with mainstream classroom and went to school for the deaf for short time due no interpreter include moving too much place to live. I think that deaf school is not my happy educational because I meet them in couple of deaf that doesn't know what deaf culture is all about. Like why should we pride to be deaf. I am not going to say the name of deaf school. I am kind shock when I found out about it.

I know what you talk about and understand how you feel about that.

Anyways, To answer your quetsion, illustrator...I have been to oral school for deaf 10 years but went to public school for part time then went to mainstream high school from soph. till senior years as being a full time student. I am glad that I don't went to state school for deaf. whew.

I originally went to CID in St. Louis, MO when I was young. At the age of 5, I moved to Dallas, TX and started going to mainstream school. I stayed in all deaf classes until I entered 3rd grade. From 3rd grade to 7th grade, I went to mainstream classes while I took a couple of deaf classes. From 8th grade and beyond, I went to all mainstream classes.

Been Both, Hearing school with Profound deaf unit, then deaf school later!

grew up in kendall, in dc then went to mainstreamed high school. was miserable for 4 years then went back to gallaudet.

I grew up going to deaf school then when I was in 7th grade, I made a huge decision ~ I decided to trasnfer to mainstreaming and started there half day and deaf schhool half day, then I realized that it's the best for my education so I stayed there whole day instead.

Edit: I still go to deaf school to social, and sometimes play sports

I'm glad I went to mainstream classes. If I didn't, I wouldn't be where I am today.

meme~ infant program thru 6th grade - deaf institue. 7th grade thru now, I'm junior-- at mainstreaming.

I like mainstreaming better because education is way better and more challenage.

I like deaf institue because of SOCIAL! It's the best for me.

Mainstream at first then deaf (for a couple yrs oh why man!) now back to mainstream again. :slam head on desk:

Originally posted by Wolfboy
Mainstream at first then deaf (for a couple yrs oh why man!) now back to mainstream again. :slam head on desk:

LOL yeah i know how u feel - heh

Been in Mainstream at first...

From 18 months old to 8th grade I've been in mainstream school. While I'm in 9th grade.. I went to Texas School for the Deaf for half year (from Aug to January) then withdraw from TSD because not comfortable to live in the dorm. I went back to mainstream school for a year during my sophomore school year. Then I decided to go back to TSD for my junior and senior school year. Finally I graduated from TSD in 1999 :)

grow up in mainstream with interpter after that finally went into h.s. freshmen deaf school in washington dc (model secondary school for the deaf)

went to School for the Deaf in St. John's, Newfoundland. I was barrel by no wheelchair accessable in old School for the Deaf. I decide to go back to my hometown (Labrador City) to use mainsteam school for 5 years. I found mainsteam is not good agree with me because no intrepter service in mainteam. I heard and saw newspaper that Newfoundland School for the Deaf announce they design for a new bulding for NSD with wheelchair Accessable. so I decide to go back, found better for me. I stay NSD for 9 years until I graduate 1994. NSD is better for me to get better education.

I have been mainstreamed all of my life, from K to high school, and even in college (I studied at a hearing college and in Germany)... I had sign language interpreters all the time. It was good 'cos I was able to be with my family and my neighbour friends.

heh

I grew up in maintream school til I decided to go deaf school in early '96 to improve my social life and now I'm fine ;)

cool went to both ! but most at deaf school at csdf ! graduated in '91 education stank ! so i was a big tymer trouble maker and ditched classes so many times but social life there is cool ! but am glad that im done with schoolin !

I've been mainstreamed all of my life totally and completely...never even met another deafie until I was a teenager. I remember clearly thinking that I was the only deaf in the entire world. I think that a hybrid option (deaf and hearing school) should be offered more.

Back