Deaf persons only: What annoys you the most about hearing people?

tbone

Reaction score
I've taken a considerable amount of heat over the past few days and that led me to ask this question. I recently wrote a paper about this topic but I honestly wanted to know what you thought.

Thank you :)

Yes. What pisses you off most about people like me?

What they were telling you is there is already a thread like one you started. Click on that link they put and you can read all what is already there.

Hearing people who are managers that can't read and refuse to hire a perfectly literate deaf person with a masters degree for a dishwashing position.

Oh wait, someone can't read here. :io:

What pisses you off most about deafs? Seems like a fair question.

I am neither. I am both. What to do...

DOH! I didn't see that. My bad. And honestly, nothing annoys me about deaf people. I genuinely care for those people. In previous posts, it may not seem like that but that doesn't mean my intentions were bad.

Deaf people can do ANYTHING hearing people can do, if not better!!!

Of course they can. Now perhaps you could ask the mods to merge your thread with the existing one.

My hearing does not change from day to day. If you put forth the effort to make sure I can understand you one day, then you should continue that effort in the future. I know it is an effort, it is for me also. Don't let it slide. That makes me feel unworthy of your time and energy. Makes me feel like crap.

this whole divide between deaf and non deaf is kind of absurd...since this isn't a culture or biological difference...any hearing person can become deaf...and this sounds like we are lamenting about all 6 billion hearing people based on a few jerks...

:) btw I myself am cochlear implant user,

this whole divide between deaf and non deaf is kind of absurd...since this isn't a culture or biological difference...any hearing person can become deaf...and this sounds like we are lamenting about all 6 billion hearing people based on a few jerks...

Yes, on the bold statement, it is like the hearing person refuse to understand our deaf perspectives and think we can understand by lipreading. By the hearing authorities, we are not allowed our hands to sign as oppose to hearing babies having the sign language while the deaf babies are not allowed to sign. There is a difference and yes, we do have Deaf Culture and we are very happy to be in it. You will find out a lot more about this subject. So read some more on it. :)

There can be a great difference, depending on whether or not one is Deaf (in both the physiological and the cultural sense) or merely deaf (unable to hear). Yes, any hearing person can become deaf, but that doesn't mean that they will choose to immerse themselves in Deaf culture.

DOH! I didn't see that. My bad. And honestly, nothing annoys me about deaf people. I genuinely care for those people. In previous posts, it may not seem like that but that doesn't mean my intentions were bad.

Deaf people can do ANYTHING hearing people can do, if not better!!!

"Those people"? I find that a bit annoying.:cool2:

"Those people"? I find that a bit annoying.:cool2:

Reminds me of an exact phrase/quote by someone-who-shall-go-unnamed who referred to us deaf on this forum as "those people" as well! :lol:

Reminds me of an exact phrase/quote by someone-who-shall-go-unnamed who referred to us deaf on this forum as "those people" as well! :lol:

Yep, I remember that one. So patronizing and insulting.:P

Back