Deaf People & Jobs

I own and operate a full-time small business.

WebDev/Consultant/Webmaster/IT for over 7 years.

I'm inching toward to project management position.

Several years ago, I started in aerospace, then moved onto computers and IT. I also did some research in breast cancer somewhere after that.
Now I work to help teach undergraduate criminology courses at university, and also do tasks for victimology and criminology drs/counselors.

I'm looking forward to working with federal and intelligence positions sometime this year.

Last edited:
I'm currently a bank teller but am training to be a personal banker. So I'll be dealing with mutual funds, mortgages, opening accts, personal loans, line of credit, and visas mostly.

Hello, how are you doing guys?
I am an ASL tutor for two years. I heard ASL teacher require to get MA degree?

General rule and it depends a lot by location. This is how I understand it in California:
Bachelor's to teach at public elementary and junior high.
Master's to teach at public high school.

PhD to teach at university. However, there are a few exceptions like Master's can be a lecturer or lab lecturer, but that's not the same as the professor position.

Hello, how are you doing guys?
I am an ASL tutor for two years. I heard ASL teacher require to get MA degree?

yes if you want to teach at college. if you don't wanna do this... you'll have to find a private ASL school. we have a few in NYC.

Been applying to different jobs in the coordinating fields. Even applied as a coordinator for sex offenders in DC.

I found that I am very very good at multiasking and I enjoy coordinating events or groups.

Lots of jobs in that field and I was pleased that I have met all of the qualifications. I am soooo happy that I have a Master's. More opportunities for me out there. I am not gonna hold myself back just because I am deaf. I will find a way to work with hearing people. The technology is there.

I hope you will find something more rewarding and maybe getting out of teaching. Coordinator for sex offenders sounds interesting to me.

Nope, not always. Some of my friends graduated with only Associates or Bachelor's, they teach ASL in class.

maybe non credit, then it makes sense. for Ba degree they can teach at a college but some school that they encourage them to take a ma degree too. My girlfriends are stressed from taking grad classes while they are working.

I'm a UI Designer and Front-end Web Developer working at a small mac software company. I enjoyed coding as long as I don't interact with clients or answer the phone calls :)

Not sure if this is off topic but it is really hard to get a job especially that you are deaf once they find out. One of my biggest gripe is that they required you to take assessment test before the interviews. Have anyone experienced with that? Any advices? Thanks.

I used to be a school bus driver but when I became deaf and hoh they took my cdl.. I understand especially with kids..

I'm currently employed as a Team Leader (Third Key Manager) at Reebok. Reebok is one of the stores in a mall called, Chicago Premium Outlets, in Aurora, Illinois. :)

Also, a part-time student in community college studying to become an athletic trainer.

I used to be a school bus driver but when I became deaf and hoh they took my cdl.. I understand especially with kids..

???

We have MANY Deaf school bus drivers here in Texas. Have had so for the past 20+ years. Shit... I drove a limo for a little while. I don't understand what you mean by them taking your class B CDL with a P endorsement? Why would they?

i've been working as an operating room nurse for the last 4 years. SSD -- profound on my left ear. i didn't actually tell my employer that i had hearing problems when i first started because i was afraid they wouldn't accept me. :(

Back