Deaf, mute teen gang-raped

Miss-Delectable

Reaction score
Deaf, mute teen gang-raped - Times LIVE

A 17-year-old mute and deaf girl from Pongola in KwaZulu-Natal is pregnant after she was allegedly gang-raped by three teenagers, police said on Monday.

“The girl was allegedly raped during the Easter weekend in Nongoma when she visited her relatives. She did not report the incident because she can’t speak and she cannot hear,” said Lieutenant Colonel Vincent Mdunge.

The teenager’s guardians found out about the rape when they noticed she was pregnant, he said.

“The girl was interviewed and she revealed that she was gang-raped.

“Three teenagers, one aged 17 and two aged 16, have been arrested and they will appear in court today (Monday) at Nongoma Magistrate’s Court.”

Well...something like this can really set me off (my temper)....Let's hope they DO do something to these cowards! Sorry SOB's!....Casterate them if possible. Rape of the disabled, elderly & children is one of the most horrific and traumatic crimes ever.....I'd be happy to pull the lever in the chair on these guys, no matter if they are teens!

Problem is...

Even if she was a normal South African woman, she would still be raped. The percentile of how much of the general woman population has been raped on an annual basis is insane.

Even if she was a normal South African woman, she would still be raped. The percentile of how much of the general woman population has been raped on an annual basis is insane.
Ummm to clarify that's not quite true. There IS a VERY high percentage of violence in South Africa, but most of it is concentrated in the dangerous shanty townships like Soweto.

Problem is...

That sounds about right, Souggy...hence I'd never live in S. Africa....the US is bad enuf...I recall something many years ago, that in a country, the parents would insert a razor blade into their daughter's vagina to prevent rape/intercourse, to assure that she remained a virgin....How this was done, escapes me...I believe it was during war time....

thats terrible however why did they say, she didn't report it kind of confuses me did she not know how to write or sign what had happended?

Ummm to clarify that's not quite true. There IS a VERY high percentage of violence in South Africa, but most of it is concentrated in the dangerous shanty townships like Soweto.

Hence my first post.

Wirelessly posted

KwaZulu Natal... Interesting.

I am always skeptical about the motives behind journalists in every articles.

Why this one? Why this one over all the other reported cases that never hit the news?

Back