Deaf Mosaic by Gallaudet University

Stargazer Lilies

Reaction score
Do anyone know if name "Deaf Mosaic" as in old TV show by Gallaudet University has copyright or trademark?

I did copyright and trademark database search, there was none? :confused:

Oh yes, the host name was Gil Eastman. Its been a good long time ago! Yes, it was aired from Gally University.

I really have no clue at all. Probably already past statute of limitation. I don't know. Maybe either contact Gally or NAD and find out.

Other ADers might know.

We'll see if any other ADers know. If nobody knows, I will call Gally and find out.

It is good name for one of my project, to honor that old tv show. :D

It is always best to contact (Including owners of any copyright properties) Gally anyway to seek permission, than to believe somebody from here and gone ahead. Gally might not appreciate that way, you know.

We'll see if any other ADers know. If nobody knows, I will call Gally and find out.

It is good name for one of my project, to honor that old tv show. :D

It is always best to contact (Including owners of any copyright properties) Gally anyway to seek permission, than to believe somebody from here and gone ahead. Gally might not appreciate that way, you know.

I know. I was browsing Gally website. I will contact their Communication and Public Relations department.

I do see the copyright logo on bottom and left of the screen with "Gallaudet University" next to that logo. So, I assume it still valid.

I know. I was browsing Gally website. I will contact their Communication and Public Relations department.

All I did was google and select one of these videos

This is one of many links

Deaf Mosaic 501 - Gallaudet University

And more info for copyright

U.S. Copyright Office - How Long Does Copyright Protection Last? (FAQ)

Looks like a real fat chance that the copyright for Deaf Mosaic is still valid.

Umm...the question is did Gallaudet University ever register "Deaf Mosaic" in the first place? Or did copyright law allow copyright without registration?

I did copyright database search, couldn't find any for Deaf Mosaic. I only could find copyright for Gallaudet University logo and name.

Funny thing is I found there is business called "Deaf Mosaics Center" based in NJ--isnt that infringment on name in some way too? Curious.

I'll play safe and contact Gally anyway for formal permission, otherwise I have alternative name for backup, hoping my alternative name sounds good.

Okay, bed time for me. Thanks for your help!

Back