Deaf Meet in Mays Landing, NJ Oct 26th

Hutt5asl

Reaction score
Hello,

Wanted to share... there's a Deaf gathering at the Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing, NJ on Monday, October 26th at 6:30pm. Meet in the Food Court, and it ends around 8:00pm-ish.

This group meets here every 4th Monday night of the month at the Food Court in the mall. I'm going to try to make this one... Hope to see you there!

I just Googled it. Seems a population of 2200. Is it a suburb?

How many people show up?

There is a Deaf Meet at the Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing, NJ on the last Monday of every month, and they meet at 6:30pm at the Food Court. A friend of mine runs it. She says about 6-10 people come... mostly ASL Terps and students, but a few Deaf also show up too.

If you'd like to contact her...
Her name is Nancy Griffith Palmer
Her email is: suepal70@comcast.net

I had posted this info back on the 4th of Oct... This is info given to me by the woman that runs it... (Correction tho... it's on the 4th Monday, not the last Monday of the month). Mays Landing I would think would be considered more rural than suburb.

Hope that answers your question. :)

I had posted this info back on the 4th of Oct... This is info given to me by the woman that runs it... (Correction tho... it's on the 4th Monday, not the last Monday of the month). Mays Landing I would think would be considered more rural than suburb.

Hope that answers your question. :)

Concisely, thank you.

Just got back from attending this... There were 6 of us there... no Deaf tho. :( But it was nice to meet the others (one I already knew, she's a friend of mine). Love the practice and the learning!! I am DEF going next month! And I think I'll bring my son along... he was going to come this time but stayed over a friend's house instead. :|

Would love to see more there! I'll post again next month...

Just got back from attending this... There were 6 of us there... no Deaf tho. :( But it was nice to meet the others (one I already knew, she's a friend of mine). Love the practice and the learning!! I am DEF going next month! And I think I'll bring my son along... he was going to come this time but stayed over a friend's house instead. :|

Would love to see more there! I'll post again next month...

if you want to meet more deafies - you should consider going to a more populated area.

if you want to meet more deafies - you should consider going to a more populated area.

But I'm a country kind-a girl..... I don't like the big city! :giggle:
Seriously... I hate driving in the city, hate the traffic, hate not knowing where I'm going... creature of habit maybe? Just give me the wide open spaces! (okay, okay, I know... why am I still in Jersey?! :giggle:)

I've actually been to several Deaf events thanks to a friend of mine, and have met several others, Deaf and hearing, so I'm gettin' there... :lol:

But I'm a country kind-a girl..... I don't like the big city! :giggle:
Seriously... I hate driving in the city, hate the traffic, hate not knowing where I'm going... creature of habit maybe? Just give me the wide open spaces! (okay, okay, I know... why am I still in Jersey?! :giggle:)

I've actually been to several Deaf events thanks to a friend of mine, and have met several others, Deaf and hearing, so I'm gettin' there... :lol:

:lol: it doesn't have to be city. It can be a bigger town. and yes city like NYC is the easiest place to socialize with dozens of deafies. I looked at the map and I see that you are close to Atlantic City. Maybe there's more deafies in AC??? :dunno: You are also 1 hr away from Philly... could try it out if you're brave enough! :lol:

btw - I passed by your area yesterday. I was in Atlantic City :)

btw - I passed by your area yesterday. I was in Atlantic City :)

Psh! And you didn't stop by to say hello?! :giggle:

I thought about AC, don't think I want to drive in Philly, but AC is okay...
Maybe I could just take the train?....... :P

Back