deaf man admits sexual abusing children

Scary looking person!

He looks scary to me, I wouldn't go around him nor allow my child to go around him.

i'm sure you're right but how do you know he's deaf? do you know him personally?

i'm sure you're right but how do you know he's deaf? do you know him personally?
Yes, I knew him personally. You can also read the comments of the newspaper article where several others who know him say he is deaf.

from the comments:

I've known Dennis for almost 15 years. I attended Lame Deer schools and have always been a friend to him since I was in elementary school. He is mentally handicapped and deaf. I've personally witnessed (and have been embarrassed) by some people in Lame Deer who have mistreated him because of his disabilities. He walks EVERYWHERE. People in Lame Deer, especially kids and teenagers, would throw things at him, yell at him (because he cannot hear), and physically push him around. Never, and I repeat, NEVER, has he struck back or said anything. He minds his own business. I strongly believe that he is not capable of these charges and may not mentally understand what “pleading guilty” entails. Our system, both the legal and the social, in Lame Deer is a joke. I graduated Lame Deer H.S in 2002. I have my advanced degrees under my belt and I check Billings Gazette news from time to time, so I am abreast of the things happening on the rez. Gosh, there are so many sexual perpetrators in Lame Deer, why do we feel the need to go after this mentally handicapped man who has been tortured and humiliated by many?! He did not molest those girls!!!! When I was 12 years old in Lame Deer, I had 25-35 yr old men pursuing me. Instead of people protecting me or turning in these so called men who were basically stalking me, they called me a #### for attracting that kind attention. Even some of my own family was a part of it. So if you want to sit in your broken down reservation homes and degrade this disabled man before you look at what the reality is in Lame Deer and turn your blind eyes to our social dysfunctional community, you are just as guilty as all the “men” on the reservation who go after young girls. When I graduated with my Master’s degree people said to me, come back to the reservation and help your people. Uhh, yeah right. Until people become accountable, to themselves and to others, and protect our youth from sexual and physical abuse (no matter what family/community they come from)… I’m gonna pass.

I haven't had any contact with him for over 20 years. I think he probably lost all contact with the deaf community he once knew. No role models or anything for him to follow.

Sad...but if he admitted it...then the consequences will follow. As for the way "he looks"...I remember Ted Bundy. Everyone said he was very nice looking, but he was a serial killer....can you really tell about someone by the way they look?

Sad...but if he admitted it...then the consequences will follow. As for the way "he looks"...I remember Ted Bundy. Everyone said he was very nice looking, but he was a serial killer....can you really tell about someone by the way they look?

Not really. That is a scary thing not to be able to tell.

Of course you can't tell. Looks can be deceiving.

Back