Deaf in CSI?

Kaitin

Reaction score
I don't watch TV and now watch almost none because of studying. But a friend said maybe a guy on CSI is deaf and uses ASL. Anyone watch CSI and know if this is true or false? Last week for the first time I watched 10 minutes of CSI and didn't see anyone signing, but I don't know the characters and maybe didn't watch for long. I hope this is true - I would love it.

Yes it is true! There's a esipode of a deaf person got murdered. CSI agent, Mr. Grissman (bug man) to my surprise knew some sign language. I think it's on either 2nd or 3rd season.

Yes it is true! There's a esipode of a deaf person got murdered. CSI agent, Mr. Grissman (bug man) to my surprise knew some sign language. I think it's on either 2nd or 3rd season.

Is that one of the old espiodes that has been screened before? If so, I have seen it and was suprised that I didn't know that he knew some sign language in regards of the show ;)

oh yeah.... Gil Grissom was using sign language cuz he was about his hearing declined but got surgery on his hear to restore his hearing but not the CI ones for CSI TV Program (previous episode). But i do not know if he knew the ASL in RL or not?? He is our favorite L.V. CSI on tv program!!!!

oh yeah.... Gil Grissom was using sign language cuz he was about his hearing declined but got surgery on his hear to restore his hearing but not the CI ones for CSI TV Program (previous episode). But i do not know if he knew the ASL in RL or not?? He is our favorite L.V. CSI on tv program!!!!

Yup that's correct. He was communicating with the school about the murder of the deaf kid. Grissom's mom is deaf due to age which is why he knew sign language in the TV show. I wonder if he knows ASL in real life, too. I call him the bug man. :giggle:

Yup that's correct. He was communicating with the school about the murder of the deaf kid. Grissom's mom is deaf due to age which is why he knew sign language in the TV show. I wonder if he knows ASL in real life, too. I call him the bug man. :giggle:

:laugh2: about your saying "BUG MAN" for his nickname in the tv show!!! :giggle:

i don't think william petersen (actor's name) who plays Gil Grissom on the show know sign language not lot i am sure. i think he just learn sign language and practice the signs with someone who knows sign language upon the espiode of the deaf murder kid

he signs pretty good for a beginner like a natural signer.

I do remember this episode where Gil did sign and he did mentoin his mother somehow .... I beleive he did some more signing in a few episodes later on I think....

I found this:

...We know that Grissom's mother was deaf. She taught him ASL (American Sign Language) when he was a child and he's retained this knowledge to this day, employing its use at a murder case at a deaf college. . .

He keeps his personal life very private; even his team didn't know about his mother, a fact he instead shared with the teacher at the deaf school.
Elyse's CSI Crime Scene Investigation Site: Gil Grissom

...and this...

...Grissom's mother was deaf and because of this, he knows sign language [20] and can lip read[21]. He inherited his mother's otosclerosis, a disease which nearly led to the loss of his hearing. But he underwent corrective surgery [22] and his hearing problems have never resurfaced.

Early episodes revealed Grissom to be a witty, enthusiastic and quirky scientist, who had some sense of humor (used to have a Big Mouth Billy Bass over his door). He flirted regularly and seemed to be constantly on a hyperactive state.[30][31]

Grissom gives Dr. Phillip Gerard (Raymond J. Barry) his mother's regards, in sign language (The Accused is Entitled)

However, when he began to lose his hearing, Grissom retreated into himself and lost a lot of the nerdy spark he once had. He became easily irritable and unapproachable.[32] After his surgery, he lightened up a bit, but he has never gone back to the whimsical science nerd he once was. . .

In addition to being somewhat of a polymath beyond his career training, he exhibits Asperger-like traits, and in a second season episode it is hinted that, in fact, he has Asperger's syndrome.[33]
Gil Grissom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i love watch CSI:Miami,Florida and i would like to acting as playing what i wanted on my roles because im deaf i can roles and sign with interpreter.

my mom and me been watch lots CSI:Miami every wednesday and its so interest show that show about murder,suspect and lots of mores.

my uncle is correction officer for jail

There have been a few episodes where the Deaf community come into play. Grissom is actually a CODA and yes did learn ASL from his mother. I especially enjoyed the most recent one I saw, since it had Marlee Matlin and Phyllis Frelich :) beautiful signing!

There have been a few episodes where the Deaf community come into play. Grissom is actually a CODA and yes did learn ASL from his mother. I especially enjoyed the most recent one I saw, since it had Marlee Matlin and Phyllis Frelich :) beautiful signing!

Well this is old! What brings you here for your first comment when we have a current thread? :eek3:

Back