Deaf GOTHIC People?

:eek: :jaw: My good friend hasn't posted here yet?
/soon

I'm into Paul Oakenfold, Tiesto, Baby Anna, mostly club music, but I also like listening to oldies such as Johnny Cash, Beach Boys and other stuff. And I also like rock, such as Evanescence. Actually I will listen to just about anything besides rap. But I still consider the club music genre to be my fave.

sure some deaf people chose to rebel and dress whatever they want or be goth.. I'm not really a goth.. nah but growing up i think I was too busy being nice... til after h.s I realized I'm old enuff to do whatever I want so.. if I had kids I wud not be mad if they wanted to be punk or not ;)

hi.. I dress emo, i listen to Country, Boys 2 men, Weird AL, and whatever music my boyfriend is listening to, heh...

My best friend used to wear punk clothes when she was 18 or 19 years old. Right now she wears causal clothes or nice clothes.

im one of those modest gothic people :) i dont dress like gothic lately cuz i have kids around and didnt want to set a bad model role... but gee i miss it lol.

When I was a teen in the late 80's used to be into Souixsie and The Banshees, The Cure, Duran Duran and Spandau Ballet..I had some fond memories of those days.
Now, I am a christian since my late 20's really like christian music like Delirious, Newsboys, Jars of Clay cool bands.

I know many gothic crhistians You should check out Welcome to Gothic Christianity

I am deaf, I don't listen to music. I always say "I don't give a damn about music!", but I am a Emo, used to be punk/gothic in HS.

So you think deaf people can't wear any style just because they can't hear the music? Try be deaf one day, (don't even complain that you can't hear) you will understand. Deaf people are very visuality culture, and the style is one of them. Music is not. Look at my avatar, it's Emo styling. (fluffy wet hairs, lack of shaving, purple tux shirt, with black jackets, and wonderful "Puyo" logo in 70s style, that's SO emo)

what is the difference between emo and gothic and punk other than music?

i mean punk people likes different hair colors, and gothic likes to be dark, but no idea what emo is... .. i personally have very little knowledge on all 3 of them other than how they dressed. i wear gothic clothes cuz it look good on me. not cuz i m depressed or whatever people assumed. it simply look good on me and i like it.

heres a pic of me in gothic (my personal favorite)

Attachments

• Picture 040.jpg
    Picture 040.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 16
I found this thread via Google when I was looking for deaf goths. I guess there aren't that many deaf goths as I thought. Greetings, I'm a Christian goth and I love to dress up in gothic and punk clothing whenever I can. I'm also a corporate goth because I work as a professional. I agree with AndyCane on what he said because I don't like to conform to social norms and am comfortable with who I am. I like to discuss philosophy and topics that related with the universe and life by the fact I grew up with science fiction, fantasy, horror fiction and comics. I do listen to some darkwave, synthpop, electro and black metal music and go to clubs just to dance with friends sometimes. I think as an individual I can choose whatever I want to be even with my hearing loss. Any deaf person can be whatever they want to be.

Emo is not a fashion. It is a musical style that has long died out. Emo and punk are not fashion styles. They are forms of music. In fact, they whole idea behind these genres is anti-fashion. For a person who has no absolute interest in music to call themself punk or emo because they dress a certain way is ignorant. It's nothing more than a ploy by corporate America to sell an image.

Emo is not a fashion. It is a musical style that has long died out. Emo and punk are not fashion styles. They are forms of music. In fact, they whole idea behind these genres is anti-fashion. For a person who has no absolute interest in music to call themself punk or emo because they dress a certain way is ignorant. It's nothing more than a ploy by corporate America to sell an image.

Never blame on deaf gothic/punk/emo to be ignorant that they are not into the music, they are not interested as they can't hear! There's nothing to blame.

If you think I am not really into punk/gothic/emo, then please ask me why I am VERY into Gackt (a famous J-Pop singer in Japan)???? Hmm? CUZ I LOVE HOW HE LOOK! Not about his music, nope. He is not always a punk or gothic or emo, he's more like.... weird styling. He even doesn't look like a Japanese, he wasn't look like white either, he just look like... it's hard to explain. If you want to know what Gackt look like, then go google image of him, you will see bunches of pictures of him.

And what's more, your reply is very offense especially for deafies. Deaf HAVE right to wear whatever they like. What's that spikey hair? Oh yeah, that's punk style. OOPS! Did I say style? I am very sorry, it's the style.

I hate when people say "Deaf people can't be jock, punk, emo, gothic, skaters, pimp, whatever because they are not into the music", it's because they DON'T hear. They will go to their musical style in first place before listening to the music because that is what they WANT. They don't care about the music.

I am very sorry, but I have a good point to not blame on deaf people as ignorants that they wear the style and don't hear the music, which are very rude. Sorry.

Study Deaf Culture alittle more.

Never blame on deaf gothic/punk/emo to be ignorant that they are not into the music, they are not interested as they can't hear! There's nothing to blame.

If you think I am not really into punk/gothic/emo, then please ask me why I am VERY into Gackt (a famous J-Pop singer in Japan)???? Hmm? CUZ I LOVE HOW HE LOOK! Not about his music, nope. He is not always a punk or gothic or emo, he's more like.... weird styling. He even doesn't look like a Japanese, he wasn't look like white either, he just look like... it's hard to explain. If you want to know what Gackt look like, then go google image of him, you will see bunches of pictures of him.

And what's more, your reply is very offense especially for deafies. Deaf HAVE right to wear whatever they like. What's that spikey hair? Oh yeah, that's punk style. OOPS! Did I say style? I am very sorry, it's the style.

I hate when people say "Deaf people can't be jock, punk, emo, gothic, skaters, pimp, whatever because they are not into the music", it's because they DON'T hear. They will go to their musical style in first place before listening to the music because that is what they WANT. They don't care about the music.

I am very sorry, but I have a good point to not blame on deaf people as ignorants that they wear the style and don't hear the music, which are very rude. Sorry.

Study Deaf Culture alittle more.

I don't think you get what I'm saying. "Punk" and "emo" are not fashion styles. You cannot call someone "punk" or "emo" because of what they wear. These are musical styles that have nothing to do with fashion. Punk music began as an rebellious, noncomformist statement against mainstream elements. Soon after that, emo music evolved from punk. Just because someone wears a tight t-shirt, girls jeans, and has black greasy hair, does not make them emo.

Preppy, gothic, skater. Those are all labels and fashions. Punk and emo are music. By calling today's fashions "punk" or "emo" they're making this label accessible to impressionable, conformist minds. That is how corporations can market music and trends that do not belong within these parameters.

It'd be much like me calling myself "Deaf" just because I'm learning ASL. That would be a horrid mislabeling. I have absolutely no hearing loss. Therefore it'd be pretty wrong for me to do that. That's just like it is with punk and emo. If call yourself punk or emo without being a true fan of that music or encompassing those ideals, you're not really punk or emo.

This has nothing to do with Deaf culture, and it is not a criticism of. But as an avid fan of emo music, I am forced to defend something I love against alienation and exploitation.

So in conclusion, I never said anyone didn't have the right to wear whatever they want. In fact, I believe quite the opposite. But to call the way you dress something that it is not, is wrong. If spikes and chains are you thing, then wear it and I support that, but that doesn't make you "punk."

Then what is the different word for punk styling, oh I am sorry that I say "punk styling". *rolling eyes*

I really dont want to start any big conflict between anyone here. But as you Puyo, said he should study deaf culture more, (which i try to study, and do believe hearing people should study more), i also think you should try to understand that music is more then fashion to people who call themselves punks etc..

Really im not trying to put down anyone at all. But honestly some things are directly related to music, such as the label punk, hardcore, and metal. Sure you could dress like a metal kid, but the entire purpose of dressing like it is shot, because dressing like it means you listen to that music.

the punk "style" came from young kids living off the street wearing band t-shirts, doing what they loved to do, play music and the way they like it, which most adults and other people never did like. You should check out a book called "American Hardcore" it will give you a good point of view on this sitaution.
Because just like we need to understand the deaf culture better, it goes both ways, such as this topic.

^^^I never wear a band shirt.

Why not just be yourself? Why identify yourself with a stupid label?

I am ALWAYS been myself. I am not scare to tell people that I like both boy and girl, I don't care what people think about me, etc etc. About how I dress up, I call it Punk or Emo or Gothic to describe it. I don't label myself, as personality, as Punk or Emo or Gothic, but I call how I dress as Punk, Emo, or Gothic. Just like if I dress baggy pants with cap on my head, XXL shirt, and untied shoes then I call it "gangster", but I didn't call myself as gangster. Or if I just wear a jean, red shirt, and conserve shoes, I call that just normal. There is many names of style. Music and Style just don't mix.

eh? i used gothic before but i changed im emo now lol
and my close friend used gothic too and she sometimes emo and normal

And when you see SOME people wearing a lot of black shirts--and they're not Goths, then you get a good idea where you can get what you wanna get (wink)

Just my opinion!:D

I used to be a Preppy in HS back in 1983-85 (Polo shirts, Levi 501, Sailboat shoe without socks, wears Polo perfume) and in college, a Stoner :rofl:

Catty

Back