Deaf from birth...or? (poll)

When did you go deaf?

• Total voters

lovezebras

Reaction score
Someone wanted a poll about how many people on AD are Deaf from birth, latened deaf etc...so here's a poll! hope I did the poll ok? :)

edit:
Oops..just saw that there was one made..so scratch that!

my bad

late deafened BUT inherited NF2 from my dad and he got it from his mom.

Grandmother was deaf, dad was just about deaf, my brother was almost deaf too.

I am not sure which on sympton illness , I thinks so fever guess happend I was birth become deafness I am honest i ask my doctor find out!

Deaf at birth (or should be naturally Deaf when embryo was in making). Cause? Nothing. Either my parents did not do drugs or alcohol during pregnancy (they are damn pure drug free as straight-edge all of their life.) My Deaf brother was born Deaf as well before me. Cause? Same as nothing.

born normal deaf. no illness or no cause.... guess disabled gene in the past that jump in the family.

Nope. Inquiring minds want to know.

Why don't you take a seat over there? oh sorry - wrong line. I have the wei..... sorry - this soundboard is being wonky today.

Mine is UNKNOWN
I'm serious, because I was abandon and adopted.

Not sure what caused my deafness. We don't know if it's from birth or what! Grew up HOH with a progressive loss & now am D/deaf. :)

Scarlett fever when 7 or 8 yrs old. My mom said it was so bad they didn't think I would be okay. Had weak immune system since infant. Also ,mine is genetic. I have profound hearing loss . With no hearing aids right -ear deaf ,left ear -noises I hear and garbled talk. With hearing aids right ear garble and darth vader sounds ( ugh) left ear I can hear if no noise.

If I had voted in this after I had my coffee I may have noticed it was multiple choice. I clicked late deaf, but would have also picked after illness, not that what I have makes me "sick". But it is a disease....otosclerosis, started when I was 20. 17 years later, and yep I'm still losing it.

Back