Deaf for AG Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if they dont want to reveal their membership, their business but you are the one who is questioning it. Nobody else is. Ironic, isnt it?
Yeah but it seems almost a little paradoxical of the op to the make the following statement:
it just seems that almost all deaf people who were raised orally become signers and don't agree with AG Bell.

So koko does have a point when he says that some may be reluctant to come right out and say it knowing the possible hostile treatment they could get as a result.

Sometime you have to see beyond the surface to see some "cause and effect".

a lack of interest in confrontation

Nope. Lack of conviction. It doesn't have to be a confrontation. One can always avoid confrontation and still stand true to their convictions.

Besides, anything worth believing in is worth standing up for, is it not?

Nope. Lack of conviction. It doesn't have to be a confrontation. One can always avoid confrontation and still stand true to their convictions.

Not only that, it also shows an unwillingness to learn of viewpoints different from their own. Duh.

Not only that, it also shows an unwillingness to learn of viewpoints different from their own. Duh.

Absolutely. The old *five hands, palms facing at the temples, moving to front of forehead while drawing closer together**

I subscribe strongly to the belief that those who refuse to investigate different viewpoints are simply afraid of discovering their own needs changing.

Absolutely. The old *five hands, palms facing at the temples, moving to front of forehead while drawing closer together**

I subscribe strongly to the belief that those who refuse to investigate different viewpoints are simply afraid of discovering their own needs changing.

Yep, but I cut them some slack because my philosophy changes every week. :lol:

:laugh2: Why the deep interest and the need to get people to 'testify' to their activities and affiliations and for the Deaf prove their conviction to you? Setting up a sort of Un-Deaf Activities Committee?

I'll bet if you asked people about their membership in any organization, from AAA to NAD, you'd find the responses would be far fewer than total number of actual members, many wouldn't bother to respond. That doesn't mean they don't believe in themselves or value their affiliations. It may just mean they just don't give a damn what you think of their involvement in a club or an organization.

Or worse, it may mean they don't trust you to be responsible with personal information, and expect you to use it against them in some way.

:laugh2: Why the deep interest and the need to get people to 'testify' to their activities and affiliations and for the Deaf prove their conviction to you? Setting up a sort of Un-Deaf Activities Committee?

I'll bet if you asked people about their membership in any organization, from AAA to NAD, you'd find the responses would be far fewer than total number of actual members, many wouldn't bother to respond. That doesn't mean they don't believe in themselves or value their affiliations. It may just mean they just don't give a damn what you think of their involvement in a club or an organization.

Or worse, it may mean they don't trust you to be responsible with personal information, and expect you to use it against them in some way.

I just believe in standing up for what you believe in. No one has to prove anything to me. I just have a strong belief in congruency. If you take the time to consider all points prior to forming your opinion or belief system, then you should be secure enough in it to be unafraid to make it known.

It has already been asked who has membership in NAD. I immediately replied that I did. I have no problem with stating my beliefs or with admitting to membership in an organization that mirrors those beliefs.

(Looks like your "blacklist" of prelingually Deaf adults on AD I know to be active AGB members just leaped from 3 to 4.)

What blacklist? I haven't seen one.:dunno2:

Rather inflammatory post, don't you think?

What the hell is going on here???

(Looks like your "blacklist" of prelingually Deaf adults on AD I know to be active AGB members just leaped from 3 to 4.)

It's funny how you put it that way, while outing them at the same time.

Quite helpful, aren't ya?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back