Deaf Family

BabyPhat21

Reaction score
I was wondering about your family, if you are deaf from a Deaf family, how many people in your family are deaf, if you are from hearing family or if you are deaf with hearing bro/sis......etc......

also would like to know the level of deafness ex, HOH, mild loss, severe hearing loss, Profound, deaf with CI, etc.........

I am the only member of my family who is deaf. No one else. Just me....

Deaf parents, deaf sis, deaf aunt, deaf 2nd cousin, bsbs... Meme 2nd generation of deaf.

One of my sisters is deaf. Our deafness came from generation. My dad has hearing loss but he still can hear things (he'd talk aloud on phone, turned up volume on TV and radio) His father was more HOH, I remember someone told me his hearing loss started when he was about 20 years old. He wore hearing aides all the time. My grandfather's father was almost deaf, I think. So, that's it, I guess.

Originally posted by allisonjoy
Deaf parents, deaf sis, deaf aunt, deaf 2nd cousin, bsbs... Meme 2nd generation of deaf.

wow, what a big silent family!

Originally posted by BostonIceFire

Same here, ONLY deaf one in the ENTIRE family, all the way back generations and generations there has been NO history of deafness..........

Originally posted by BostonIceFire

I am the only deaf person in my family. That's kinda funny to think of deaf thanksgiving dinner where they accidentally spilled their drinking cups on the table because they were signing.

I thought I was the only hard of hearing relative in the entire family, until last year when I found out one of my cousins in Peru is hard of hearing as well. :mrgreen:

I am profound deaf. My family is all hearing though. I did some research into deafness and it turns out that 90% of hearing impaired people are born to hearing parents. 25 to 30% of the people with deafness do not know the cause of their deafness.

I am only deaf person in my whole hearing family. I don't see any deaf in my family history gerenation in the past.

I think there's no history gerenation of deafness. I think I'm the first one.. and I have a little brother who is deaf too.

Back