Deaf Education - One size does not fit all

Please and thank Qs

In that case, I suggest you refrain from attempting to limit the responses you receive to your questions.

I am not seeking to limit the responses jillio. I was under the impression that it was rude to answer a question posed to someone else.

I am not seeking to limit the responses jillio. I was under the impression that it was rude to answer a question posed to someone else.

On a public forum, it is not. And we are engaged in a discussion of educational methodology, not social etiquette.

Perhaps you would care to answer the question posed in post # 498. Or are you purposely avoiding it?

multiple choice, essay, true or false, truth or dare.....

On a public forum, it is not. And we are engaged in a discussion of educational methodology, not social etiquette.

Perhaps you would care to answer the question posed in post # 498. Or are you purposely avoiding it?

Is this a test jillio?

The haves and the have nots.......

jillio - Guess that is one of the many differences between you and me, social etiquette.

jillio - Ideally the child would have aquire/learn both, determining which would be first would be somewhat difficult. English first, ASL, the child needs to be part of their family. How each individual family accomplishes this, up to them. They have to make informed decisions.

Even if the deaf child learns the familial language first, why do you have such issue with this?

jillio - Thought perhaps you might has missed this question.

jillio - Guess that is one of the many differences between you and me, social etiquette.

I agree. You don't seem to be able to understand when the deaf members of this board have expressed their exasperation with your constant barrage of posts on the wonders of CS.

jillio - Thought perhaps you might has missed this question.

Nope, didn't miss it. In fact, I have answered it numerous times, in numerous posts. Did you by chance, miss the answers?

Keep running with it........

I agree. You don't seem to be able to understand when the deaf members of this board have expressed their exasperation with your constant barrage of posts on the wonders of CS.

jillio - Choices jillio, choices.

Nope, didn't miss it. In fact, I have answered it numerous times, in numerous posts. Did you by chance, miss the answers?

Actually no you have not answered that exact question jillio.

jillio - Ideally the child would have aquire/learn both, determining which would be first would be somewhat difficult. English first, ASL, the child needs to be part of their family. How each individual family accomplishes this, up to them. They have to make informed decisions.

Even if the deaf child learns the familial language first, why do you have such issue with this?

Last edited:
No corners here.....

Then it is perhaps the result of your having backed yourself into the proverbial corner.

jillio - No quite wrong there. Taking a survey here then are you?

loml
Actually no you have not answered that exact question jillio.

jillio
Then why request it again? I am not as fond of redundancy as you appear to be.

jillio- Simply because you didn't answer it.

Last edited:
jillio - No quite wrong there. Taking a survey here then are you?

loml

jillio

jillio- Simply because you didn't answer it.

Again with your lack of understanding of research methodology. A survey is given to various members of a target population. I addressed my question specifically to you.

Then why, pray tell, did you state "Actually no you have answered that exact question jillio." Are you getting confused again, loml?

And quite simply, you are refusing to answer a very simple question. For some reason, you find that question threatening. Why would that be, loml?

Again with your lack of understanding of research methodology. A survey is given to various members of a target population. I addressed my question specifically to you.

Then why, pray tell, did you state "Actually no you have answered that exact question jillio." Are you getting confused again, loml?

And quite simply, you are refusing to answer a very simple question. For some reason, you find that question threatening. Why would that be, loml?

This has nothing to do with research methodology jillio. Threatening would not be my choice of word for your questions jillio.

My statement was this: Actually no you have not answered that exact question jillio.

Perhaps you did not have the opportunity to view the correction.

This has nothing to do with research methodology jillio. Threatening would not be my choice of word for your questions jillio.
asking me if I was taking a survery most certainly has to do with research methodology. The fact that you fail to see that is indication of your lack of understanding. And, if you are not threatened by the question, why is it that you still refuse to answer?

My statement was this: Actually no you have not answered that exact question jillio.

And my reply is that I have. In numerous posts in numerous threads, as I stated previously.
Perhaps you did not have the opportunity to view the correction.
The correction, quite obviously, was made after I pointed it out, as I copied and pasted from your post. Nice try. How about a little personal responsibility here, loml?

Yep, just as I suspected. You edited at 10:20...well after I posted your inconguencies. Nice attempt to backpedal, but it isn't working.

Big Brothers watching you..........

The correction, quite obviously, was made after I pointed it out, as I copied and pasted from your post. Nice try. How about a little personal responsibility here, loml?

Yep, just as I suspected. You edited at 10:20...well after I posted your inconguencies. Nice attempt to backpedal, but it isn't working.

jillio - I corrected my typo. You going to answer the question?

jillio - I corrected my typo. You going to answer the question?

As I have already stated, loml, I have answered that question both in this thread and numerous others. I am not responsible for your obtuseness, or your difficulty in comprehension.

Are you going to answer the question I posed to you? You are still refusing to answer if, you are a supporter of ASL as you so claim, have you emailed responses to the A. G. Bell Assoc. or to Pepsico in support of their efforts? It is a question that requires only a simple yes or no answer. Very easy. Is it yes, or is it no? Further refusal to answer will indeed provide the answer that has been suspected all along.

Back