Deaf Compliment?

LOL, I doubt you'd be able to pull it off. Some of the facial expressions I see on hearing ASL students makes me want to break out in laughter. Or vomit.

Oh, damn, I've been slacking on visiting your profile, and I know how much you like the attention. Sorry, I'll get to that stat! :D

It'll be tough... especially considering I have soft expressions... But I'll try my mightiest.

And I know buddy.. I just know you wanna pet that head of mine while I am sleeping... (referring to the picture in my profile)

At night time yes. :shock:

Whenever youre in a social group and see that one person staring you guys down...... Chances are that they know sign language.

Like that one time a friend and myself was talking about this HOT as all hell nurse in her late 30's. We were telling eachother the things we would do to her...

She kept smiling bigger and bigger..... And I told him... "I think she knows sign language..." He was like "really, no way?" She replied in the most fluent "Yes!" sign i've e'er seen! :shock:

:rofl::rofl:

Thanks everyone for mentioning different things that are annoying. I have a few good friends that are deaf and I they usually help me. The one girl has moved back home and I miss her. She would correct me quickly if I was even slightly wrong which I really appreciated. The others are not the same, I think they are afraid of maybe hurting my feelings. Any other annoying habits we hearing have that I should be aware of so I can try to avoid?

Thanks everyone for mentioning different things that are annoying. I have a few good friends that are deaf and I they usually help me. The one girl has moved back home and I miss her. She would correct me quickly if I was even slightly wrong which I really appreciated. The others are not the same, I think they are afraid of maybe hurting my feelings. Any other annoying habits we hearing have that I should be aware of so I can try to avoid?

Just be thankful you're not around me. I'll send you back to your teacher talking to him/her in dirty language and you wouldnt know it. It's bad enough that the teacher tells the student "Its obvious you've met Matt, no need to prove it."

At night time yes. :shock:

Whenever youre in a social group and see that one person staring you guys down...... Chances are that they know sign language.

Like that one time a friend and myself was talking about this HOT as all hell nurse in her late 30's. We were telling eachother the things we would do to her...

She kept smiling bigger and bigger..... And I told him... "I think she knows sign language..." He was like "really, no way?" She replied in the most fluent "Yes!" sign i've e'er seen! :shock:

:lol: and what happened at the end?

For me, it's easy to tell if a signer is hearing based on their facial movements. I notice one of two things with hearing people: 1) they don't use facial expressions or body intonation at all, or if they do, they often do it wrong. 2) they overcompensate and grossly emphasize their facial expressions, which to me is very annoying and tedious to deal with.

if that's how you do it - believe me.... you will fail that test. easily.

:lol: and what happened at the end?

What do you want to know?? :shock:

Jason and I were only 22 and she was pushing 40. She was a HOT piece of cookie, im telling you.

I was still in the poker tournament while Jason chatted it up with her at the bar. Nothing spectacular happened, other than a good friendship if we ever bump in eachother again. :)

Just be thankful you're not around me. I'll send you back to your teacher talking to him/her in dirty language and you wouldnt know it. It's bad enough that the teacher tells the student "Its obvious you've met Matt, no need to prove it."

Yeah that would be bad considering that I learned it at church...lol

if that's how you do it - believe me.... you will fail that test. easily.

I was wondering about that. What about brand new deaf signers? Fluent CODA's? I imagine a CODA who's been around deafies for life would be mistaken for Deaf much quicker than the oral deaf/late-deafened mom who just started ASL 101 last week.

What do you want to know?? :shock:

Jason and I were only 22 and she was pushing 40. She was a HOT piece of cookie, im telling you.

I was still in the poker tournament while Jason chatted it up with her at the bar. Nothing spectacular happened, other than a good friendship if we ever bump in eachother again. :)

I'm over 30's, and if anyone says I'm hot, that would make my day any day.

I always ask people if they're deaf... the reason is:

If you ask a deaf person they're deaf - they feel normal.
If you ask a hearing person if they're deaf - they feel special.

If you ask a deaf person if they're hearing - they're offended and will remember this event.
If you ask a hearing person if they're hearing - they feel either normal or looked down on.

And I am always around deaf people, so do the math. :)

I am HOH and I not feel special if some one ask if I am deaf . Most people that ask me this as I think I am being rude for not answering them.

I am HOH and I not feel special if some one ask if I am deaf . Most people that ask me this as I think I am being rude for not answering them.

There's a reason I excluded people who identify theirselves as HOH.

Usually you can tell that they're HOH a mile away.

I was wondering about that. What about brand new deaf signers? Fluent CODA's? I imagine a CODA who's been around deafies for life would be mistaken for Deaf much quicker than the oral deaf/late-deafened mom who just started ASL 101 last week.

Sometimes I get mistaken for being a hearing person especially when I am so tired and my mind reverts back to my first language causing my ASL become very sloppy.

Back