Dangers And Benefits Of Pokemon Go

Jezie

Reaction score
Sitting here going through my phone, which my son has placed pokemon go on, I open it to see what it is all about... and it shows my that a pokemon is at my neighbor's house ... now my neighbor is a sweet lady who really looks out for the kids... but what if she was not? I wondered if this game would be attracting kids to sex offenders... interesting enough they have it where the game will scream if the child is 1 mile from a sex offender...
I keep seeing people slam the game but the more I learn about it, I find it is a pretty good thing for kids... IF they are taught proper safety and parents actually parent ... I still cannot loosen my mommy strings and if he goes out with his friends to play the game, I walk with them...
My question to parents... good game or dangerous to kids?
It is getting kids outside... families play this game together, visiting historical sites, asking to go to the libraries and such areas... but are the dangers too great?

Yes, people want to be idiots and only look at their phone... others are bond to take advantage...
But I do like the fact that this game is getting kids outside...

Yeah but there other outside outside activities for kids to do that doesn't need a phone.

Yeah but there other outside outside activities for kids to do that doesn't need a phone.
Truth... and I strongly agree... but with so many parents allowing kids to just play games all day, I have to hand it to a game that does seem to seek to get kids off the couch...

I hope pokemon go is not around by the time I have kids! I don't think it is safe!

today i played for the first time with my sis who taught me how.. loved it... play with the partner is the best to play with than alone...

OK. .. but why do you not think it is safe?
I saw a kid walking into the street not paying attention. He was playing on Pokemon Go. The more kids play, the more likely they will meet strange people.

I saw a kid walking into the street not paying attention. He was playing on Pokemon Go. The more kids play, the more likely they will meet strange people.
I can understand that... but was that a gaming issue or a parenting one?

Man what I really love about this game is I'm seeing people just get out. I have friends who never, ever leave the house now all of a sudden walking four miles a day.

I can understand that... but was that a gaming issue or a parenting one?
Parenting. There is new pokemon app that has tracker. I think it is called Pokevision. It received one star because it is an invasion of privacy.

Parenting. There is new pokemon app that has tracker. I think it is called Pokevision. It received one star because it is an invasion of privacy.
Agreed... although many games invade privacy... found a chess one that wanted access to camera and mic yet had no aspect in the game that would use it... odd
I believe if the parents actually parent then this game is not so bad... kids actually want to go out and play... granted I am a weird parent and kick my kids out without their devices... so I accept I do not have the same issues as some parents whose kids just sit around playing video games and watching television...

I hope pokemon go is not around by the time I have kids! I don't think it is safe!

Pokemon has been popular for 20 years - since 1996 in Japan and 1998 in anywhere, also many kids love Pokemon stuffs, even teens and adults enjoy playing. Pokemon saved Nintendo from file for bankruptcy since Nintendo went down in 1990s, after release of N64 that wasn't successful as SNES, as PS1 dominate the video game market.

Pokemon Go is mobile app that require internet, isn't designed for children under 13 years old under federal law (otherwise, parents can allow them to play), but in my opinion, young children should never play server-based games at all for safety reason, but it is all up to parents, not me.

Pokemon has been popular for 20 years - since 1996 in Japan and 1998 in anywhere, also many kids love Pokemon stuffs, even teens and adults enjoy playing. Pokemon saved Nintendo from file for bankruptcy since Nintendo went down in 1990s, after release of N64 that wasn't successful as SNES, as PS1 dominate the video game market.

Pokemon Go is mobile app that require internet, isn't designed for children under 13 years old under federal law (otherwise, parents can allow them to play), but in my opinion, young children should never play server-based games at all for safety reason, but it is all up to parents, not me.
I guess pokemon will be around for many years. I agree that children under 13 should never play server-based games.

I tried playing that game but it used up my battery so fast. Good exercise. As for safety measures, it is all about parenting and awareness.

IMG_2693.JPG I'm almost 21 and my fiancé is 22 we love playing Pokémon. We go out and play together. When I was 37 weeks pregnant I was walking 2-3 miles a night just by playing the game. My recovery has been so amazing I barely look like I had a kid 3 weeks ago I LOVE this game and it's an awesome way to stay in shape.

Back