D you do Product Testing ?

lloveparis

Reaction score
l was reading on this forum last night an old thread asking if people work from home. l thought ld mention that one way to earn a reasonable income if you put the work in is to do online surveys and product testing. My daughter does this as a full time job. she earns money from surveys but mostly doing loads of product testing. The surveys are for cash but the product testing is where you give reviews and you keep the product. she gets loads and at times given some away as she's had to many. Its usually for beauty products.
Any one else do product testing ?

Nope.

I evaluate whatever thingamabob carefully before buying it. I build and repair my own computers rather than buy them built at Walmart or Best Buy etc.

If necessary I'll make do with whats available mail order or internet. Once it gets here and we put it to work, that is when we find out if its crap or good.

Just yesterday I experimented with 50 bucks and bought a pair of amplifier hearing aids at walmart. Its strictly a curiosity to see how they do. Come to find out they cannot hear anyone talking beyond 20 feet. And the sound range is too narrow. So there is no point in any further use of this junk.

In the trash they went. Like i stated before it's strictly a experiment. There is a whole dumpster full of crap that we have made in China, shipped here and replaced again after they break in 6 months. Until we have our own industry back like it was in the 50';s and make good things we will continue to wallow in the inferior retail market such as it is overloaded with warehouses full of what I consider to be junk.

And so I become very careful on what I spend my money on. And if necessary do without.

Testing? no need. Just look in the trash truck hauling away those crappy brand new things.

In a way, I used to test various Makita power tools, like drills, sanders, jigsaws, planers, through a building company I worked for many years ago.

Sadly I never got any freebies, but we would get a good discount off them between 10/25% off if we bought any of them.

l was reading on this forum last night an old thread asking if people work from home. l thought ld mention that one way to earn a reasonable income if you put the work in is to do online surveys and product testing. My daughter does this as a full time job. she earns money from surveys but mostly doing loads of product testing. The surveys are for cash but the product testing is where you give reviews and you keep the product. she gets loads and at times given some away as she's had to many. Its usually for beauty products.
Any one else do product testing ?
Paris, was all this done purely online, with no real connect in person to any of the companies that were offering their products for testing?.

Paris, was all this done purely online, with no real connect in person to any of the companies that were offering their products for testing?.
She does it all online. There are lots of survey sites ( some good some bad) .The product testing we both have done over the years but she has ones that she stays with now..The product testing are usually beauty products that they send in unlabeld containers (apart from listing ingred) and she has to use them for 5 or more days then goes back to fill in questions about the product..ie. they are usually high end beauty companies that use this method to get feedback before they launch them onto the market. she has to give feedback on say if there was any reaction on the skin or if the product worked etc ie moisturies the skin etc.. she hasnt had to buy beauty products or shampoo etc for years as she gets them free. The surveys she can do in her spare time or do them all day, depending how busy she is.

I thought all the surveys thing was just a scam. How long does it take to pass one survey, and how much time does it take? Do I need to look for all these tenting options myself? Or are there companies that I should work for to get the offers?
I am studying at a Northwest cosmetology school in Oregon, and it would be really cool to get some beauty products for testing. It would help me both get some money and learn more about the products I will use. I really need a part-time job now, and this one would fit the best.
Can you suggest to me some links that tell more about the job?

Back