Cultural Difference - Hearing and Deaf

When I give someone a massage I have to tell them I'm HoH, because at some point they're going to try to talk to me while they're face down on the table, or while I'm by their feet, they need to know to talk to my face.

Anyway I had a guy that would not stop farting. I wanted to tell him...."dude, I'm not THAT deaf, you're butt is like thunder!"

Gee: is "passing gas" while be "massaged" a regression to childhood?

Embarrassing?
Surcharged?

What next?

You know, I don't know what do you know about hearing people but just from this I think - NOTHING.

Hearing people are no different than deaf people -in the core.
Hearing people just as deaf people can be blunt or eggshell. Some people are blunt, will ask up front "how much does your house cost" and some will answer up front "so and so",
some won't ask because they consider money matters a private matters or even taboo.

Some hearing pple fart out loud anywhere, everywhere without any shame or restraint. some consider it a rude faux pas.
have you ever seen Hells' Kitchen, coincidentally one of the girls - Tiffany - in one of the episodes farted out loud and apparently smelly, too on TV!!
oh, and hearing pple pinch their noses, point and say "dude!!" too!

You are fooling yourself if you think there is any real "cultural difference" between hearing and deaf people - there is really none.

You just WANT To for one to be, so you can feel even more "special"
in one more aspect as a 'deafie'.
well, you can't, buh humbug :(

Fuzzy

why dont you Leave All Deaf, if you don't like Being Deaf, or more precisely, you Dont want to be Deaf. theres the door , this is you, you dont like it here so it make sense? here is a good visual...just to remind you of yourself==>:iough:

I see this to an extent, but it's silly to generalize that all hearing people are like this when we have our own subcultures/ways of being as well, not all of us fall into the prim and proper category. I'm very open/blunt, as are my parents, and tend to get along best with people who are quite open/blunt as well. I think the openness factor is part of why I was initially so attracted to my fiance. :)

Oh and I will say that in my experience Deaf folks are waaaay more sexually open than most hearing people. Which I appreciate. Er well, Deaf people in their twenties anyway.

why dont you Leave All Deaf, if you don't like Being Deaf, or more precisely, you Dont want to be Deaf. theres the door , this is you, you dont like it here so it make sense? here is a good visual...just to remind you of yourself==>:iough:

You are mistaken, what I don't like is: bullshit.

Fuzzy

=melindajanet;2080529]
I see this to an extent, but it's silly to generalize that all hearing people are like this when we have our own subcultures/ways of being as well, not all of us fall into the prim and proper category. I'm very open/blunt, as are my parents, and tend to get along best with people who are quite open/blunt as well. I think the openness factor is part of why I was initially so attracted to my fiance. :)

there we go!
it's your parents who teach you manners.
so if they teach you, you are like they are,
in turn, they were what their parents taught them. it's like a chain, really.
also, one tend to pull toward the likes of you.
no wonder your friends are similar to you,
more sensitive people most likely tend to be putt off by you, and likewise, you find them uptight.

But believe me, there is a difference between being blunt and simply not having manners. even for e Deaf.

Oh and I will say that in my experience Deaf folks are waaaay more sexually open than most hearing people. Which I appreciate. Er well, Deaf people in their twenties anyway.

:eek3:
and your base this fact on what ???

Fuzzy

call that Deaf culture?

Bullcrap! Those who think it is ok to talk and detailing about shit thingy has the brain sized as pea in their head! Its downright diguesting, period. And I am Dead Deaf since I entered this world.

Its about manner and respect. If you think it is ok to disrespect others, then don't ever ask them to respect you back.

Back