Cultural Difference - Hearing and Deaf

Actually, that was what AudioFluff called me.

She didn't realize that bombed.

:giggle:

hate to point that out to you two (or even three), but actually everything you guys wrote, went back and bit you in the butt :giggle:

Neither of you could understand who said what to who and about who, lol..
you had to explain everything to each other :giggle:
talk about "fluff between your ears" ---- having much??? lol

how pathetic.. :roll:

Fuzzy

hate to point that out to you two (or even three), but actually everything you guys wrote, went back and bit you in the butt :giggle:

Neither of you could understand who said what to who and about who, lol..
you had to explain everything to each other :giggle:
talk about "fluff between your ears" ---- having much??? lol

how pathetic.. :roll:

Fuzzy

no no, on the contrary YOU didnt understand the who to who AND didnt understand WHAT was said ...
and yes indeed we're having fun from your too much fluff between your ears

and lastly, being honest with yourself is the most important thing you will ever do, if you dare.

Last edited:
no no, on the contrary YOU didnt understand the who to who AND didnt understand WHAT was said ...
and yes indeed we're having fun from your too much fluff between your ears

and lastly, being honest with yourself is the most important thing you will ever do, if you dare.

oh, really?? so, why did somebody had to explain this to YOU???
Actually, that was what AudioFluff called me.

me thinks it's not addressed to me.....
:hmm:

yeah, - try being honest with yourself. again, why not DO what you preach -GRUMMER?

Alleged Fluff....

I know people that are hearing and they will be very blunt when talking.

true story. I think this video is a bad example. I know I am utterly tactless and big on the brutal truth. In fact I'm going to be all brutally truthful, blunt and tactless right now. I have never been a part of the Deaf culture, but I'd hazard a guess that deaf people think poop is just as gross as hearing people, and I bet nobody that's deaf wants someone describing their feces in minute detail while they're trying to eat. Deaf people do think poop is nasty right? :D

Didja know......dog's won't poop where they eat. One of the ways to train a dog to hold their urine and their poop is to put them in a kennel with their food. They won't do their business with their food right there, and in the process they learn they can hold it. Not that I'm comparing deaf people to dogs, I'm just saying. poop's gross and not just humans think so.

HEY!!!!
I LOVE ITALIANS, their wines, cheese, pastas, pizzas and WOMEN!!

yes films are bullshit stereotypes OF course it is, its like saying "Go watch "Escape From New York" or 'The Bronx Warriors' to make a reference to the inner-city gang's etiquette...while i KNOW its NOT reflecting the REAL Bronx, for all we can know their ARE ordinary people and rich people and the whole lot mixed in between, which is Nothing like tvs or movies. The only point i was making it that the 'mafia in movies' has REALLY good example (because it is explicit in the way showing what are the manners and the 'time and place' to open the blabbermouth or when to shut it'..that is ALL.
I am very aware its stereotype are very misleading and it can make people overgeneralise. I also happen to KNEW a real life girl (Deaf) whose her father was in the Mafia (and he went into hiding for 20 years now they 'forgotten him only because he was simply a (getaway) driver - a lowest of the ranks they just came to realise he's a 'nobody with no threat to their secrecy' so they left him alone (unlike films showing they'd kill ANYONE at a whim without reason)...

anyway..sorry about that, all i was trying to do is to point out to Miss Fluff free to get some sense on when to shut her yapping gob, and start using her fekn brain.

Italians are sensitive about the mafia crap because we have to hear about it all the time - generally by people with zero knowledge of how real Italian families live and without any empathy for the prejudice they have to put with it all time on top of that. Thank you for clarifying.

Italians are sensitive about the mafia crap because we have to hear about it all the time - generally by people with zero knowledge of how real Italian families live and without any empathy for the prejudice they have to put with it all time on top of that. Thank you for clarifying.

I'm born in Italy and 100% Italian. When I hear the mafia and Jersey Shore stuff, I just think it's funny. No one really believes Italians are like that. And the ones that are like that, well, they deserve to be made fun of. lol

I'm born in Italy and 100% Italian. When I hear the mafia and Jersey Shore stuff, I just think it's funny. No one really believes Italians are like that. And the ones that are like that, well, they deserve to be made fun of. lol

You got that right Mimsy....

eww+reading+_0bbdfef448213a874d25c1afdcbdd12e.gif

I'm 5th generation deaf and I don't sign like that.

Yes, and very proud it and sick of all the Sopranos, Godfather, Jersey Shore stereo-types of Italian Americans...

Ha ha Yeah. I am part of sicilian on my dad's sides. so did you have italian food during thanksgiving and x mas? lol Sure We did.

I understand the "godfather".'Sopranos" jersey shore" are all fictional. Not sure if "Italian Canadians" were "stereotyped" the same way as in United States.

Ha ha Yeah. I am part of sicilian on my dad's sides. so did you have italian food during thanksgiving and x mas? lol Sure We did.

Oh yes. :D Does your mother cook for an entire Army too regardless of the number of people coming over? We get the pasta, the turkey/ham, the Cuchidahti, the pies...seriously we have left overs for weeks...

Oh yes. :D Does your mother cook for an entire Army too regardless of the number of people coming over? We get the pasta, the turkey/ham, the Cuchidahti, the pies...seriously we have left overs for weeks...

OH yes We used to have tons of people and food until 17 years ago and we stopped doing it due to our parents moved out of LI. So, This year, it is very possible for our parents move back in the northeast ifthey approve our parents house for an inspection. Just one more thing that needs to be done, then The rest of our siblings and their
family will once again get together with our parents and have a good holiday together. *crossed fingers* I left my parents home when I was 19. It's been SO long!

OH yes We used to have tons of people and food until 17 years ago and we stopped doing it due to our parents moved out of LI. So, This year, it is very possible for our parents move back in the northeast ifthey approve our parents house for an inspection. Just one more thing that needs to be done, then The rest of our siblings and their
family will once again get together with our parents and have a good holiday together. *crossed fingers* I left my parents home when I was 19. It's been SO long!

I hope it works out for you. Family should stay together...and eat well....:D

embarrassing you if suppose enter to something, if suppose your embarrassing your will become on afriad, if suppose your rude insult on people , not respect to inappropriate said,

number person not respect to hear news, no offense, see how do you feeling hurting situation to people, sound look likes pretty, because, don't like on bother rude, leave me people! because disrespect how do you feeling! not funny manner, person annoy to hear news or weird thinks shocked! don't like bother weird! why not feeling nerd
I read comments already!

again - you're missing the point. I'll make it simpler for you to understand. deaf people = blunt. hearing people = eggshell.

that's hearing perspective and hearing culture. and we cannot hear farting anyway.

and no we don't laugh at farting like hearing people. we would point it out and scorn them if we smell it - "dude!!! <insert comment>". that's us deaf people being blunt and out-spoken.

You know, I don't know what do you know about hearing people but just from this I think - NOTHING.

Hearing people are no different than deaf people -in the core.
Hearing people just as deaf people can be blunt or eggshell. Some people are blunt, will ask up front "how much does your house cost" and some will answer up front "so and so",
some won't ask because they consider money matters a private matters or even taboo.

Some hearing pple fart out loud anywhere, everywhere without any shame or restraint. some consider it a rude faux pas.
have you ever seen Hells' Kitchen, coincidentally one of the girls - Tiffany - in one of the episodes farted out loud and apparently smelly, too on TV!!
oh, and hearing pple pinch their noses, point and say "dude!!" too!

You are fooling yourself if you think there is any real "cultural difference" between hearing and deaf people - there is really none.

You just WANT To for one to be, so you can feel even more "special"
in one more aspect as a 'deafie'.
well, you can't, buh humbug :(

Fuzzy

Back to being bilateral DEAF till breakfast time. real quiet at the moment. ( Batteries being recharged)
No headaches at all

That is new one: "passing gas" a characteristic of the "hearing community/culture"

See!! I told you!! Now aren't you glad to be Deaf???? :P

Back