Creative Airline Prices

Dodge Trucker

Reaction score
Hi there!! I will be going to Hawaii Cruise in a year or two. I LOVE to research everything to death. I was wondering if any one knows of a good cheap airline ticket monitor website I can use to monitor airline prices? I have already tried cheaptickets..sidestep..orbitz..etc etc and even my travel agent.

I'd like to be creative and get the lowest price possible for tickets from MCI (kc, mo) to Honolulu airport. I dont mind 1 or 2 stops but not like stop 1 then wait one day..then get on plane to go to stop 2..then wait a day..then plane to go to hawaii..No thanks.

Any one have a GOOOD ticket website I could check out? Thanks

There are ways to get cheap tickets, but those methods give you a higher chance of losing your money on a long run.

It's possible to get a round trip ticket from one airline between locations A and B, then a round trip ticket from another airline for locations B and C.

For instance, you fly Delta from New York to Dallas... then fly American Airlines from Dallas to Los Angeles. A week later, you fly American Airlines from Los Angeles to Dallas, then fly Delta from Dallas to New York.

However, the problem is that both airlines are separate. If a problem arises with one airline, the other won't be able to assist you. So, if your flight on Delta from New York to Dallas was postponed or canceled... American Airlines can't help you by giving you a later ticket unless you pay the fee to have the flight changed.

So, your best chance would be with one airline.

I've always used Expedia and that site has never failed me. :)

Are you willing to go that far just to save a few bucks?

ITA Software - Solving the Travel Industry's Most Complex Problems gives you a good overview of the airfare prices.
Remember that some online search engines will not search ALL airlines. Southwest, for example, do not publish their fares on these engines. So you would have to go to Southwest website and check their prices out.

For intra-Europe flights, it could be worth to check Wegolo - Die Billigflieger - Suchmaschine - Suchen, vergleichen und buchen Sie Ihr Flug-Ticket in 4 einfachen Schritten bei Wegolo - Ihrem Billigflug-Experten seit 2003! - Flug suchen which will search a lot of low cost airlines' fares. Sometimes it can be very cheap.

I flew to Hawaii from Utah (with a stop in LA) and paid about 460 dollars for the roundtrip. I thought it was a pretty good fare. I will fly to Taiwan next month, but I found an airfare for Taiwan costing 760$ roundtrip from Utah to Taipei. I thought it was an excellent airfare.

Sometimes you can get emails from different airlines and they can inform you about their airfare specials. I recently got one which advertised 540$ roundtrip from LAX to Japan. These can be good tools to have on hand.

Back