crazy day today!

coolgirlspyer90

Reaction score
So we are suppose to be having a thunderstorm that is suppose to be bad later. I'm not sure what time its suppose to come but i keep hearing from my mother that it's going to be bad. SO i ended up having to charge my 2 laptops as a cellphone charger and for other electronics including my cellphone case charger called mophie (lasts for 8 hours) and charging up my cell phone at the last minute in case something happens.

My mom and I went to Sams club to buy items that doesn't really need to be in the fridge. My mom bought a cooler from sams club that was about 70 bucks, it's pretty big! We also bought 6 big bags of ice... good lord. Including 6 boxes of beverages and about 4 or 5 big packs of batteries. I replaced my old batteries for new ones for my 2 flashlights that i have.

My sister came home from her week-long trip to virginia beach with her friend and her friend's family around 12:30. My mom and I unpacked the car with the items we bought and we put them in the basement where the basement is a little bit cooler than most rooms in our house, especially when the power goes out too. We went to the libary to drop off some DVDs, and I was the fastest one in the family so i just walked at a fast pace and dropped the movies off and went back in the car in less than 2 minutes haha. After that we went to grab something to eat, went to Dorothy lane market to buy some food and went back home and here i am.

My mom is vacuuming the floors right now and i'm just chilling out waiting for the unexpected to happen.. Theres nothing going on much outside right now, it was raining a little hard a few minutes ago but i think the rain stopped. for now. I'm hoping that if the storm does get bad, i hope we don't lose our power because in my side of the street, we're normally the last people to get our electricity back, the other side of the street gets their power back pretty fast and we don't! I don't understand that sometimes. I'll be glad that i charged my laptops and my cellphone/cellphone case charger.

I'm trying to come up with ideas to keep cool in the house since we're under heat watch over here in dayton. We're in heat watch until 10 tonight! The last time we had a power outage was a couple weeks ago before i left for deaf camp, i was really hot in my room and i couldn't sleep well and i ended up getting a cold washcloth for me to try and cool down but it helped just a little bit. Does anybody have ideas or something like that? My parents doesn't really want to buy a battery-operated fan because everything has been really expensive plus we're trying to save money because my dad has shoulder surgery next month on august 20th, and my parents have to pay for my sister's wisdom teeth surgery. OH well..

Amazon has little personal airconditioners for $30 that plug in to a USB port or run on batteries.

Back